Rare Track Called "Spring Ride" or "Spring Time"

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Rare Track Called "Spring Ride" or "Spring Time"

Postby cd1500rpm » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:16 pm

I downloaded this track called "Spring Ride" or maybe it's "Spring Time" over 10 years ago on the old Napster. I thought it was from the McCartney sessions but it wasn't included in the recent remaster release. I don't think it's a fake because the guitar work and drumming sound like Paul's work.

Does anyone know any info about this track? It's an instrumental that runs about 1:30 in length with a long fade out at the end. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks.
cd1500rpm

Re: Rare Track Called "Spring Ride" or "Spring Time"

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:21 am

just guessing, but...

"rock and roll spring time, take one" (or something like that)

that bit off 'mccartney', second side, one of the instrumentals...'oo you' or 'momma miss america'...maybe some version of that, since the purported title is similar

all drums and guitar, definately all paul, that..right ?
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby pates78 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:47 am

i have a track called "Indeed I Do" which i thought was from the McCartney sessions? it's of Paul and Linda trying to flesh out a very nice melody, and they already had harmonies worked out so i'm surprised that wasn't included, unless it's from different sessions. it definitely deserves a proper release as an outtake.

i'm really excited, not just for RAM, but for the Red Rose Speedway release. there was tons of material floating around, and maybe we'll FINALLY get an official Wings Live release from the '72 Euro tour. Paul ripping thru The Mess, Best Friend, Wild Life et al needs a proper release.
pates78

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm

indeed, yes !!

as long as that live bit is everything he's got...none of this holding back crap that's plagued us wings fans for...oh, FORTY years , already! :wink:
mr h atom

Postby cd1500rpm » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm the one that started this thread. Here's the track I'm talking about. Maybe the source is a Beatle boot?

cd1500rpm

Postby pates78 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:40 pm

interesting, haven't heard that before. doesn't really sound like him to be honest, at least not from the McCartney sessions. sure don't mean it ain't tho...

here's Indeed I Do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QrpY7AmQdM
pates78

Postby EddieV » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 am

I love those "weird" tracks like Momma Miss America.

I downloaded something called the McCartney Anthology on Maccaspan I think it 6 cds with many raritites on
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 pm

hard to say if it is paul, as there are no vocals. but it could be...sounds like it could be, anyway. and i hear small bits of other paul songs in it...she's a woman, for instance. but i like it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:20 pm

oh...'spring time'... :oops: ...i see, what was i smokin' ! :-D

thanks for finding that...never heard it before: does sound it could easily be him...wish we knew for sure, right ?

i'd heard 'indeed, i do' before and i more than kinda liked it then...and now: makes me wish linda was still around; love the way paul laughs in the beginning 'cause it's very clear they're just goofing around

i hate-hate-hate, tho, when someone posts one of these youtube thingees... :?
'cause, right there....on the right hand side, is a whole column of things half of which i haven't heard... :ymparty:
and i end up spending hours listening...and each new page brings the possibility of more...and more.......and more :ymapplause: ~X(

mucho thanks to both...i can't think of a better way to waste an hour or two, anyway...what with the wife out shopping :wink:
mr h atom

Return to MACCA - all discussions