The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Postby zorro10 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:03 am

You know I always want to grab The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition) but just found it is too expensive for me, yesterday I came across a site selling them at a very cheap price, the site is based in China, so it may be the copied version, but I don't care ony if they work.

What do you think ? BTW, here is the link if you wanna check http://www.slickgate.com/the-beatles-in ... p2439.html
zorro10

Re: The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 am

bad mojo

probably comes w/a contingent of 'legal' migrant workers, too !
to safeguard their passage across the big sea and to help change all those discs, of course
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby linclink » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:52 pm

zorro10 wrote:You know I always want to grab The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition) but just found it is too expensive for me, yesterday I came across a site selling them at a very cheap price, the site is based in China, so it may be the copied version, but I don't care ony if they work.

What do you think ? BTW, here is the link if you wanna check http://www.slickgate.com/the-beatles-in ... p2439.html

DO NOT BUY THE ASIAN BOOTLEGS!! I got the real thing, but knew someone who got burned with those things. He had a few & gave them to me, so when I burned off copies for friends I could give them out in the fake box sets...I put one into my computer to see what it sounded like & it went haywire on my computer & blew in a virus that cost me $$ to get cleared up.
Those things are a mess. There are plenty of sales over the course of any given year now where The Beatles Mono Box Set ends up selling for $99. You can periodically check this website & particular thread to find out...
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... tch&page=6
There are folks who have discovered them recently at Best Buy locations across the U.S., still priced at $99, even though that sale is over. If they have a sticker price of $99, even if it rings up on the computer cash register at a higher price, they legally have to honor their sticker price..so stop by a Best Buy & see what you find there. Good luck!! It's amazing!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:41 pm

~X(

y'mean...it's all a communist plot to destroy our lovely capitalist system w/ boobytrapped beatlediscs !??!

zounds !
mr h atom

Postby zorro10 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 am

Today I got the package from slickgate, to my surprise, the parcel is a good condition also every disk works as good as the original, I am pretty happy with the purchase.
zorro10

Postby mr h atom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

"did you not hear..."

...and then i came back and deleted the rest : 'cause, while i wrote it i thought it was mildly humorous, but, in the end, it just flat out sucked

all apologies to those who actually read it (sorry, chris !).

i think there's still some humor in that mysterious orange goo...it just doesn't pertain to the subject at hand

now...if it was red goo...like chinese communist red, maybe.... :-??
Last edited by mr h atom on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:58 pm

and i feel fine... :oops:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 pm

If yer so inclined, you can easily download the Dr. Ebbetts mono vinyl rips - which they're now putting out at 24/96(!)
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

chris wrote:and i feel fine... :oops:

yeah...thats right...i quoted myself. sure...i could delete this post, which seemingly is in no relation to anything...and makes me look like a complete butt head. but i know better, don't i? yeah. and know what? i think someone else out there knows what i am talking about too. so i will keep this post here...as a...reminder...of what was...and what could be again...if we could only...just get along...

good thing i'm not getting angry. :?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions