The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Postby zorro10 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:03 am

You know I always want to grab The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition) but just found it is too expensive for me, yesterday I came across a site selling them at a very cheap price, the site is based in China, so it may be the copied version, but I don't care ony if they work.

What do you think ? BTW, here is the link if you wanna check http://www.slickgate.com/the-beatles-in ... p2439.html
zorro10

Re: The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition)

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:06 am

bad mojo

probably comes w/a contingent of 'legal' migrant workers, too !
to safeguard their passage across the big sea and to help change all those discs, of course
everybody bogey...dig that bogey beat...man, that bogey rhythm...smells so clean 'n sweet
everybody bogey...bogey onto the streets...without bogey music...life is incomplete
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby linclink » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:52 pm

zorro10 wrote:You know I always want to grab The Beatles in Mono (Limited Edition) but just found it is too expensive for me, yesterday I came across a site selling them at a very cheap price, the site is based in China, so it may be the copied version, but I don't care ony if they work.

What do you think ? BTW, here is the link if you wanna check http://www.slickgate.com/the-beatles-in ... p2439.html

DO NOT BUY THE ASIAN BOOTLEGS!! I got the real thing, but knew someone who got burned with those things. He had a few & gave them to me, so when I burned off copies for friends I could give them out in the fake box sets...I put one into my computer to see what it sounded like & it went haywire on my computer & blew in a virus that cost me $$ to get cleared up.
Those things are a mess. There are plenty of sales over the course of any given year now where The Beatles Mono Box Set ends up selling for $99. You can periodically check this website & particular thread to find out...
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showt ... tch&page=6
There are folks who have discovered them recently at Best Buy locations across the U.S., still priced at $99, even though that sale is over. If they have a sticker price of $99, even if it rings up on the computer cash register at a higher price, they legally have to honor their sticker price..so stop by a Best Buy & see what you find there. Good luck!! It's amazing!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:41 pm

~X(

y'mean...it's all a communist plot to destroy our lovely capitalist system w/ boobytrapped beatlediscs !??!

zounds !
everybody bogey...dig that bogey beat...man, that bogey rhythm...smells so clean 'n sweet
everybody bogey...bogey onto the streets...without bogey music...life is incomplete
mr h atom

Postby zorro10 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 am

Today I got the package from slickgate, to my surprise, the parcel is a good condition also every disk works as good as the original, I am pretty happy with the purchase.
zorro10

Postby mr h atom » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

"did you not hear..."

...and then i came back and deleted the rest : 'cause, while i wrote it i thought it was mildly humorous, but, in the end, it just flat out sucked

all apologies to those who actually read it (sorry, chris !).

i think there's still some humor in that mysterious orange goo...it just doesn't pertain to the subject at hand

now...if it was red goo...like chinese communist red, maybe.... :-??
Last edited by mr h atom on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:58 pm

and i feel fine... :oops:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 pm

If yer so inclined, you can easily download the Dr. Ebbetts mono vinyl rips - which they're now putting out at 24/96(!)
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

chris wrote:and i feel fine... :oops:

yeah...thats right...i quoted myself. sure...i could delete this post, which seemingly is in no relation to anything...and makes me look like a complete butt head. but i know better, don't i? yeah. and know what? i think someone else out there knows what i am talking about too. so i will keep this post here...as a...reminder...of what was...and what could be again...if we could only...just get along...

good thing i'm not getting angry. :?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions