Freedom

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Freedom

Postby maccafan » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:15 pm

I was watching my video of Pauls Back In The U.S ABC TV special when I noticed something I missed at first!! How many of you caught the segment with the two Cuban guys who said that the Beatles were shown on Cuban television for the very first time in 1992!!
That is totally amazing to me, no wonder these two guys said that seeing Paul was a very big deal for them!! Say what you want about Pauls song Freedom, but boy the words sure ring true!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Freedom

Postby maccafan » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:15 pm

I was watching my video of Pauls Back In The U.S ABC TV special when I noticed something I missed at first!! How many of you caught the segment with the two Cuban guys who said that the Beatles were shown on Cuban television for the very first time in 1992!!
That is totally amazing to me, no wonder these two guys said that seeing Paul was a very big deal for them!! Say what you want about Pauls song Freedom, but boy the words sure ring true!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:18 pm

Yeah, that was pretty amazing, Maccafan. Can you imagine going almost your whole life, and never seeing any film footage of The Beatles? Wow, I can't even imagine it. But I am glad they finally got it.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:22 pm

Yes, that was super. There were some really good things about the fan bits that were interesting, touching, funny. The girl and her boyfriend Fernando taking the photo, the gray haired man with the goatee crying during All My Loving, the little kids knowing the words to Hey Jude, other shots of kids singing along.... Lots of unecessary busty babes shots. If that camerman is so into large ones, he can try carrying them around on his chest for 40 years, see how much he likes them then.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:08 pm

quote:. If that camerman is so into large ones, he can try carrying them around on his chest for 40 years, see how much he likes them then.

Yeah! even 13 years is too long! lol.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby eleanorigby » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:10 am

quote:Originally posted by maccafan

Yes, I remember becoming a Beatles fan in 1987 in USSR - sure was a challenge. Any bit of information used to be a rare treat, forget about movies and concerts. By the way, Paul have never performed in former Soviet Union countries - I wonder if it's going to happen...
eleanorigby

Return to MACCA - all discussions