Yoko may consider legal options

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:00 pm

I was checking the new issue of People magazine and there was a small bit that Yoko may be considering legal options regarding the switching of authorship on Paul's new Back in the US CDs.
That strikes me as stupid, as she will be making a lot of money from the Cds, after all.
IF-IF she even attempts anything like perhaps suing Paul she better bundle up real tight in all her fur coats- things will get really chilly for her.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:00 pm

I was checking the new issue of People magazine and there was a small bit that Yoko may be considering legal options regarding the switching of authorship on Paul's new Back in the US CDs.
That strikes me as stupid, as she will be making a lot of money from the Cds, after all.
IF-IF she even attempts anything like perhaps suing Paul she better bundle up real tight in all her fur coats- things will get really chilly for her.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:17 pm

Surely she's not stupid enough to go forward with something like that. I mean, many people already have a negative opinion of her. Why would she want to add fuel to the fire? It's never stopped her before, however. [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:25 pm

She may be feeling invincable after wining her lawsuit against poor old Fred Seaman.
Surely she's not so stupid as to go up against Paul.
Paul is so widely loved and respected and she is neither.
Sometimes I think she will outlive us all.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:27 pm

She's kind of like Castro that way. [:D]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:50 pm

So true[:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Thomas » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:26 pm

what is this al about? I don't understand it. Isn't Johns name mentioned on the cd like always? (Lennon/McCartney)
Thomas

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:59 pm

Yes, Thomas.
But Paul has switched the authorship of The Beatles songs on the new CDs to McCartney/Lennon as the songs are Paul Beatles songs.
On early Beatles singles, like on the VJ label, the authorship read McCartney/Lennon, but because of dear John's shouting insecurities it was Lennon/McCartney.
This subject has been debated here and elsewhere.
It's my view that it doesn't matter whichever is first, but I kind of like that Paul is stickin it to Yoko as she wouldn't budge on the Yesterday issue. After all, Yesterday is entirely Paul's.
I mean I told Mother- trade off- give Yesterday to Paul and have John the sole authorship of Give Peace A Chance, but you know Castro.[:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
what is this al about? I don't understand it. Isn't Johns name mentioned on the cd like always? (Lennon/McCartney)

No, Paul changed it (on Back in the U.S.) to McCartney/Lennon. (Which I really don't have a problem with at all)
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Thomas » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:19 pm

He did the same thing on Wings Over America. Was there any fuzz back then? Maybe not since John was still alive in those days and he didn't care or something like that
Thomas

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions