Macca Bass Tabs?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Macca Bass Tabs?

Postby Bassman » Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:45 pm

I've looked around doing general searches on the web and while there seems to be a decent amount of Beatles tabs for bass (at least the "big" songs), there seems to be very little for Paul, either solo or with Wings. Does anybody know of a good site? Or does anybody have a really good ear (or two) that'd be willing to tab out some stuff? Mine's not the best, but I've figured out a few things and I'd be happy to post the sites I've found if there's any interest.

-b
Bassman

Macca Bass Tabs?

Postby Bassman » Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:45 pm

I've looked around doing general searches on the web and while there seems to be a decent amount of Beatles tabs for bass (at least the "big" songs), there seems to be very little for Paul, either solo or with Wings. Does anybody know of a good site? Or does anybody have a really good ear (or two) that'd be willing to tab out some stuff? Mine's not the best, but I've figured out a few things and I'd be happy to post the sites I've found if there's any interest.

-b
Bassman

Postby megs » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:55 pm

http://www.basstabarchive.com

it has mostly beatles but its gut a few macca/wings tabs[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:47 pm

I've always picked it up by ear, sheet music, even official is often wrong and not true to the exact of the song.

It may be hard to develop at first but you will thank yourself later for developing the skill of listening to the song and pulling out the parts you want. Try first getting the general notes and worry about all the extras Paul puts in later.

Nowadays it's easier since you can take the song in question make a .wav or .mp3 of it and use an audio editor to loop the part you want to learn so it will play just that part and start again, and again, and again until it's burned in your brain :) Sound Forge, Audio Pro are just a few.

Also you may want to look at MIDI as there are lots of Paul songs in MIDI some are done very professionally. With midi you can mutes all track except the one you want, bass and with programs like Cakewalk, now Sonic you can even transcribe it to sheet music.

Hope this is helpful.

Sure beats lifting a needle up and down or rewinding a cassette back and forth.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to MACCA - all discussions