Battling bootlegs ! Do a secret site for all CDs

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby 3Leggs » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:28 pm

quote:Originally posted by BandOnTheRun1
Speaking of Revisionist History, it appears that Mr Speers has taken to complimenting Paul quite often over the last 8 hours or so. This is either a very LARGE change of heart, or just plain guilt at being most rude about Mr McCartney. Maybe both, but highly interesting. I think maybe Mr Speers has seen the error in his ways. Maybe he does not realize how much he comes off as a non-fan. Or maybe he's backtracking show just how much he "loves" macca. Interesting, all the same.

Yes, I've noticed that as well. He was pretty much bashing him in several other posts. And then just since yesterday, since people started voicing their criticisms, he has had some lovey-dovey posts regarding Paul. It IS interesting. Hope he continues though.
3Leggs

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:29 pm

If that's how he feels, then he should express it more often. Negativity abounds in our society. I'm for vibes of a most postive nature. And Good Day, Sir!
BandOnTheRun1

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:27 pm

wow, This is quite the thread. I'm not feeling much love here. [V]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:56 am

It doesn't always have to be love you feel...

Imho Chris Speers just voiced his opinion, which I partly agree with, but wouldn't make such a big fuss out of. He does it in a civil tone, and I don't see him attacking other members personally, like KK, The Man or jerks like that did. His opinion isn't yours, but that doesn't mean his posts should be moderated.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:09 am

No one has informed me privately that they are leaving. Who has said they are leaving ?

In the past I did receive complaints privately and the matters were taken care of. Nobody has complained to me privately.

Though he is on the borderline, I think it would be much more harmful to this forum to ban everyone who says something against Paul. Voicing differences is one thing saying his music is crap etc, well those kind of people don't belong here.

I do agree a lot of his posts are very sacarstic, but again nobody has complained privately.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:32 pm

Ram left for a while, and I think Steve has had enough too. And I can understand why - the tone in Speers' argument really is worse than Kameamea - who at least did it an over-the-top manner. Speers is just being obnoxious. Sorry, but it's true . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Aujouret » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:01 am

I rarely agree with much of anything Chris has to say.
Politically, for example, his views are nearly the complete opposite of mine.
Chris can sometimes *seem* to be quite critical of Paul.
I would not presume to speak for him, as he can do so for himself, but there is one huge thing thing that I have in common with Chris- he is a very passionate Paul McCartney fan. He is very knowledgable.
A hardcore fan.
Just like me.
And probably just like many people on this board.
I see that Mike and Mr. Kite are speaking about being tolerant of other people and their points of view without insulting them and resorting to name calling.
I find those views very adult.
There is no way in hell that I would bash Paul or anyone in his family. I detest that.
Wishing for more albums and more videos is what all fans do.
All fans want more. And MORE.
That doesn't make a fan ungrateful.
It makes a fan a fan.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:22 am

Liam, Chris more obnoxious than KK?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:20 am

Let's please not turn this into the Chris Speers Forum. His ego is big enough. Auj, I agree with most of your points. However, I wouldn't praise how great Chris's knowledge is. It might give him a big head. Have you read the NPC thread? He's the same guy who says he knows more about McCartney than anybody on this board. If that doesn't bother you, fine. But it turns most people off. Anyway, Chris and I were a couple of the first members on this board. We've had some great debates and I hope they continue. As Mike said, Chris is often borderline with the Paul bashing. I've actually felt it has crossed over into the bashing realm quite a bit. But as long as he doesn't cross the line, it's fine with me. I'm just sick of debating about this crap. Let's get back to debating about the music.
Ram1

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:58 am

I agree with you, Aujouret, that fans always want more. But I think to talk about wanting "more" from Paul during this time IS a little ungrateful. Or at least, HIGHLY impatient. Paul has been busy NON-STOP for about the past year and a half. (Recording the album AND touring.) And he's still not done. I'm sure the guy hasn't had time to sit down and plan out a box set or the release of obscure material or whatever. I can't wait for that stuff either. But I mean, give the guy some time. He's PAUL McCARTNEY, but he's still a human being. Be patient.
RedRoseSpeedway

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions