Battling bootlegs ! Do a secret site for all CDs

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:06 am

quote:Originally posted by mr. kite
We need to be open-minded in understanding the different opinions shared by different people. That's what makes this forum fun. We may all be fans of one person but we don't have the same minds. I suggest that we stay put and just let democracy do its thing.

I agree, Mr. Kite. I'm actually GLAD that we all don't have the same opinions. Or else, we'd have nothing to debate about. But I think Chris Speers goes over the line one too many times. I'm not his daddy, so I can't control what he types. But MY opinion is that the majority of what he types is CRAP. To me, that is NOT what makes this forum fun. Mike said he was gonna regulate the Paul bashing, and he's not. I don't buy Chris's whole "tough love" approach when it comes to Paul. I seriously doubt at times whether he is a real fan or not.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Aujouret » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:34 am

quote:Originally posted by RedRoseSpeedway
Normally when posters say something like that, 3Leggs, I tell them not to go. I tell them to stick around because this forum is a lot of fun. But now I'm beginning to wonder. Most of the regular posters have either gone or stopped posting frequently. I think they're sick of the crap. Chris and Aujouret seem to be ruling the forum now as King and Queen Crappola. Gee, wonder why everybody's leaving.

How very unkind you are.
Goodbye.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:42 am

You guys need to chill out. I never want to see any of you leave. But to think all the same and act all the same - isn't that something out of fasicsm or something?? We all can't agree but we can be civil about it. Everybody who wants to leave - you can leave and i'm sorry to see you go - But, you want to control everybody's thoughts and if you don't - you threaten to leave. I don't get that. I'm sorry we don't agree on things but i'd hardly say that i dominate posts. I've only posted 500 or so times - and i'm one of the first people who posted here.

I still think that all of you add value to the forum but i think when you try to control actions or say that these posts aren't fun anymore (which is an opinion) well, it's just silly really. Like somebody said, if it isn't fun anymore , you don't have to post or view the forums that's a personal choice - I feel bad that you're all leaving cause you offer value when you posts - On the other hand, you can't dictate what my opinions are. We all serve as guests here - as long as we're respectful to each other and so forth - what have you
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:37 am

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
I feel bad that you're all leaving cause you offer value when you posts - On the other hand, you can't dictate what my opinions are.

Nor can you dictate what Paul should and shouldn't do in that arrogant tone of yours.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:24 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
I feel bad that you're all leaving cause you offer value when you posts - On the other hand, you can't dictate what my opinions are.

Nor can you dictate what Paul should and shouldn't do in that arrogant tone of yours.
HERE HERE, Mr OSM. A statement based on yards of posts!!! We agree again, SIR!.

As for others, they do seem to have pumped up the number of posts lately--rather odd when the regulars have been leaving in droves. And most waffling and opinionated. Can Ms Aujouret and Ms. Magill be Ms. Shinestar in disguise? I will never understand fans who are obsessed with Box Sets or rather the lack of them while an artist is still vital and very busy. And this obsession with "boots" is most disturbing. Sounds like a foot fetish to me. Does anyone know what Nancy Sinatra is up to lately?
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:49 am

LOL!
Liam OSM

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:27 am

RedRoseSpeedway, the key word is tolerate. Chris and other give opinions that I don't necessarily agree with but tolerate, and I guess even invite. Paul has just did 50 US gigs, coming out with a CD and DVD and all the added video etc from Driving Rain. What the hell is there to complain about ? I'm happy as hell.

When someone posts hate stuff, cursing and insulting posts, that is different. Chris is not doing that, he's voicing his opinion in a very mature manner. All of you can make your own opinion and decision on his criticisms.

Not caring is not the issue either, it's time. I do have a life and family, work do actually take some hours away from this website. I would be more than glad to monitor every post minutes after posting but it will take someone with a very kind heart and big cheque book to pay me so I don't have to work for a living. I think this isn't going to happen anytime soon, so everyone is going to have to tolerate some delay as to my reaction to things here. MACCA-Forums is just one portion of this website I maintain.
Mike

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:37 am

quote:Originally posted by Mike
Chris is voicing his opinion in a very mature manner.Sometimes yes. Most others, not even close. It's outright bashing, which you have repeatedly said you would not tolerate. It's your ball. We are voicing OUR opinion. To call him mature in any way is not even close. Your opinion, not ours. Good day, Sir.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:38 am

Mike, I agree with most of what you said. I know you have a life other than this, so sorry if I attacked you. But come on, Speers voicing his opinion in a "mature manner?" Some of your best, oldest, and most regular posters on this site are leaving. That should tell you something. Yeah, Speers is entitled to his opinion. But he also states it in a manner that is annoying the HECK out of a lot of people here. All I'm saying is, you said before that you weren't gonna tolerate Paul hating. I think Speers crosses over into that realm quite often. It's one thing to say a song or a decision SUCKS, which I have done myself. But it's another for a person to imply continuously over and over and over again that Paul doesn't do enough for his fans, etc, etc, etc. I appreciate all you've done for the site. Really I do. But if you don't have time to monitor all the posts, maybe you should assign a couple moderators to help you. I don't know. All I'm saying is, because of one or two people, this forum is breaking up. Normally, if a particular person just irritates a couple people, I'd say suck it up and get over it. But like I said, this is actually driving away some of your best and most regular posters. The people who made this forum fun. Speers is turning this place into the official site. The reason why so many people left there to come HERE!
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:25 pm

Speaking of Revisionist History, it appears that Mr Speers has taken to complimenting Paul quite often over the last 8 hours or so. This is either a very LARGE change of heart, or just plain guilt at being most rude about Mr McCartney. Maybe both, but highly interesting. I think maybe Mr Speers has seen the error in his ways. Maybe he does not realize how much he comes off as a non-fan. Or maybe he's backtracking show just how much he "loves" macca. Interesting, all the same.
BandOnTheRun1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions