Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca Reissue program - Missed Opportunities

Postby mhnso » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:42 am

Dear mr H In away I agree with you but there is one thing I don t follow in your otherwise perfectly logical argumentation. If you don t want the extrastuff all the remasters are available in cheap normal editions -so why don t you stick to them and be happy-because you want the extra musical stuff but not the extra books, pictures, air balloons, pa-systems and whatever else are included in the deluxe versions of the album.
That is the big problem here - it s impossible to keep the cake and eat it at the same time .
But generally I agree that a lot of the deluxe things are unnecessary and a lot of the extramusicmaterial were not released in the first place for a reason. Dylans bootleg series are the best wy so far to release stuff like this.
But sone of the extramusical stuff are truly great like on Mcartney 2 not to mention Thrillington and the monoversion of Ram
So whatever I don t know
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 am

the basic versions do not have all the music the larger version have...they do not carry all the alt vers...they do not have outtakes: just the main album, as it was, remastered

i could go one step up, but as in the case w/ Mac2...it still didn't have all the music the big set had..and the cheapest i found at that time was still $5-10 more than i ha been paying (and, quite frankly, still am) from other artists for the same amount of material..

which, considering it is always, with macca, going to be a re-re-repurchase...is more than kinda irksome

...and here i thought you were gonna rag on that taylor swift thing...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:24 am

I guess you are right ..sort of mr h- There is clearly a market targeting (mostly)men in their best age that has the money to spend on all those deluxe versions of albums from heir distant youth.. And of course one extra song or so is the selling or teasing point, But still it s up to anyone to buy or not. If it only comes to gettin the music there a e other ways both legal and not legal to get it for free or almost free. Most of my friends don t buy any records anymore -they stream through spotify or download whatever they want to hear.
Me...no.. I am to much of a collector for that. I enjoy owning music and since i own so many cd:s I don t need to stream or download. But ..having a collectors soul it is mostly the special editions that iIput interest in. Sometimes they are very expensive..that is true..but on the other hand they rarely t lose the value- For instance I have a box-one beautiful 1999 item.containing all Sinatras Capitol albums. I payed something like 120 dollars for that five years ago. Now I have some people willing to pay me 1000 dollars(yes) for it. i guess some of the Macca deluxe editions will ..in a couple of years time have a good value since they are limited to 20000 and numbered as well. The ordinary albums has no secondhand value at all.
But when it comes to Mccartney 2..an album I know that you love mr H I would strongly recommend you to overcome your doubt s and actually get a hold of the deluxe version. It will be a nice companion for you. If you don t have the money.rob a bank...or something. It s well worth it
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 pm

oh, i fully understand it is all personal choice on whether to buy...but i can't help but feel a sense of madness at the idea that alot of artists take a regular approach, give you all that music, at a reasonable price...and alot take the high road, build in tons o' stuff and charge an arm and a leg...and often, to get just all the music, there is no real, full inbetween...

it's kinda frustrating to be in the position that...having bought mac2 4 times...er...5 if i count my club sandwich vers....that i have to pay $100 bucks to get the only complete version now available of all of it...

i can certainly take an option where i pay less...but i don't get all that much, other than just the basic lp remastered...which, i'm sure, sounds great, but... :-??

for the record, M...Mac2 remains on my wish list for that day when i do have a $100 with nothing better to use it on...so, there is always hope, right ?

but right now...if i shop right...i can buy 10 albums...or 8-10 books...heck, i can take the whole family out to see a movie and have some burgers afterward...all for less than $100....
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 am

As the President of my condo association says: "It all comes down to money." Forget the quality or quanitity just give us the money.

I don't have $100 to spend on music. I sometimes have a hard time coming up with money for a simple CD. That is SOMETIMES, folks. But that $100 is hard to come by for me for a luxury item. I know music is a MUST but it is considered a luxury item when it comes to my meager budget.

So I have to agree with H, ALTHOUGH I have never bought a delux set of any music.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

Of course its all a matter of money. And even is one have enough money to afford he occasionally deluxe set I must confess that is also a question of if it really is worh it. As I tried to explain before some deluxe editions might be worth it both for musical value, booklets etc but also because they doesn t lose their value.
Personally I think the musicbusiness is crazy the way they actually manage to sell the same thing over and over.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:14 pm

According to Billboard, Hear Records will release a reissue of "Wings Over America" in an 'elaborate package' on May 28th.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Gee! Great! But . . . ..
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Crikey !! :roll:

if that chick goes off again about how much she wants a new rock and roll record from paul... ~X( i'm gonna go bonkers...or crackers...or some other 'er word \:d/

the mccartney reissue program needs to reissue 'cold cuts' and 'cold cuts 2' and 'last flight'

now those are missed opportunities
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 am

WOA deluxe Will be 16 cd: containg soundchecks and concerts all in all 25 versions of Silly lovesongs Not go mention the 10 dvd:s and 2000 pages book There is Amos rumoured tjat the set Will in include an autentic piece of Joe English beard And all this for only 2000 dollar Really great stuff
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions