McCartney Quebec Set List

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: McCartney Quebec Set List

Postby corchians » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 am

I agree with Rickstar, Paul have so much beautiful songs never performed live...
But he play always the same....
He can hold the classic songs as Yesterday-Hej Jude-Let it be-Band on the run-Live and let die.... but change the others like C-moon-I'll follow the sun-Let me roll it..... and add new fresh songs never performed live like OBladi Oblada-Your mohter should know-I'm looking through you-Lovely Rita-The night before or solo years songs like Beautiful night-No more lonely night-Once upon a long ago.....
I hope that with the new tour he will have more time to reharsals new songs:-)
corchians

Postby A. » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:25 am

what makes me happy is that he remembered about chaos this time - I was afraid, that like in recent years- he was only going to do songs from his most recent album. The first break from that trend was when he included 2 songs from FP (starting from 2004 short european tour), and now he did play sth. from chaos. I hope he'll also include friends to go or english garden.

I also think it's time to play syh else from FP - what would you say for "Beatiful Night" or "Litlle Willow" or "Souvenir" ?

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG: I've just read that Canadians voted Paul to play Beatiful Night - mayby that will prompt him to include that song during next gigs!!! :bounce

BTW - does anybody have an acces to the full results of that vote???
A.

Postby corchians » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 am

When the journalist said to Paul about Beautiful night poll, he said that will play the song in the next gig....
I hope ..
corchians

Postby piami » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Paul!! Listen, brother----DO NOT FALL INTO THE ELVIS ON TOUR SYNDROME:
OPEN WITH "2001 A SPACE ODYSEE/SEE SEE RIDER", GO STRAIGHT TO "I GOTTA WOMAN", "LOVE ME/AMEN", "BURNIN ' LOVE", "TEDDY BEAR/DON'T BE CRUEL" MEDLEY, THROW IN A COUPLE ROTATING SONGS AND CLOSE WITH "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE".

In my humble opinion, the following songs need to be replaced by selections from his last 5 albums, 80's hits, Wings hits or Beatles songs that he has not played "live" yet.
Drive My Car
All My Loving
Flaming Pie
C Moon
I'll Follow The Sun
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Good Day Sunshine
Too Many People / Bathroom Window
Penny Lane
Back In The USSR
Get Back
Sgt. Pepper

AND WHERE THE HELL IS "HOUSE OF WAX"?!?!
The Lights Go Down - They're Back In Town O.K.
Behind The Stacks You Glimpse An Axe
The Tension Mounts You Score An Ounce Ole!
Temperatures Rise As You See The White Of Their Eyes!
piami

Postby chris » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:00 pm

flextint wrote:he is doing the heart of his catalogue...solo/wings.

not really the heart of solo/wings. i generally get your point. but he isn't doing anything from mccartney, wild life, venus and mars, london town, back to the egg, mccartney 2, tug of war, so on and so on. we all know he has lots of songs. the only solo album that seems to be really represented well is band on the run. and that album is well deserved. but there is so much more. but, give us 7 - 10 surprises. its nice to see him recognise his recent output (flaming pie and chaos), but how about wanderlust? letting go? i'd even love to see not such a bad boy...if for no other reason that i wouldn't see it coming.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:24 am

See, here lies the problem you would like to hear wanderlust,letting go etc.And so would i .but would the thousands or hundreds of thousands of fans not hard core paul fans just regular fans know what those songs sound like?I would have to say no probably not .That is were paul [I THINK] makes his choices .He thinks. What songs does everybody know and how can i work up the crowd.The answer is play beatles classics and songs from my most succesful album which evrybody knows the songs eg.'band on the run'.Paul is always the crowd pleaser and always will be.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brainwashed » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Here are some songs I would love to hear, some are he already did.

1. Oo You
2. No More Lonely Nights
3. Spies Like Us
4. Dear Friend
5. Getting Closer
6. Pipes Of Peace
7. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
8. Press
9. Listen To What The Man Said
10. Uncle Albert
11. My Brave Face
12. Ever Present Past
13. Little Women Love
14. Spin It On
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jjs » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 pm

chris wrote:
flextint wrote:he is doing the heart of his catalogue...solo/wings.

not really the heart of solo/wings. i generally get your point. but he isn't doing anything from mccartney, wild life, venus and mars, london town, back to the egg, mccartney 2, tug of war, so on and so on. we all know he has lots of songs. the only solo album that seems to be really represented well is band on the run. and that album is well deserved. but there is so much more. but, give us 7 - 10 surprises. its nice to see him recognise his recent output (flaming pie and chaos), but how about wanderlust? letting go? i'd even love to see not such a bad boy...if for no other reason that i wouldn't see it coming.

He did Coming Up on several recent tours, as well as Maybe I'm Amazed and more recently Every Night so both McCartney and McCartney II have been represented. He's done Here Today from Tug of War recently, too. Back to the Egg and Wildlife weren't as popular as other stuff, so I'd guess that he's do another Beatles song before doing anything from those albums.

But I'm so sick of C Moon... I mean come on. There are lots of popular songs (Juniors Farm, No More Lonely Nights) that would work live...
JJS

Wip, wop, wim and wham... indeed!
jjs
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 pm

flextint wrote:See, here lies the problem you would like to hear wanderlust,letting go etc.And so would i .but would the thousands or hundreds of thousands of fans not hard core paul fans just regular fans know what those songs sound like?I would have to say no probably not .That is were paul [I THINK] makes his choices .He thinks. What songs does everybody know and how can i work up the crowd.The answer is play beatles classics and songs from my most succesful album which evrybody knows the songs eg.'band on the run'.Paul is always the crowd pleaser and always will be.

i agree with every word. selfishly, i'd like to see the slightly more rare songs the true fans appreciate. i know he will never stop doing hey jude, yesterday, long and winding road and so on...because most of the paying audience is not a die hard fan, but a casual "i remember the beatles" sort of fan. but he does have tons of great songs, many of which were hits, that he doesn't play. i'd just like to see him do more for...well, us.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:34 pm

yeah, me too i admit.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours