McCartney Quebec Set List

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

McCartney Quebec Set List

Postby linclink » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 am

From Paul's website...

Here is the full set list from Paul's gig in Quebec last night.

Jet
Drive My Car
Only Mama Knows
All My Loving
Flaming Pie
Got To Get You Into My Life
Let Me Roll It
C Moon
My Love
Let Em In
Fine Line
The Long And Winding Road
Dance Tonight
Blackbird
Calico Skies
Follow The Sun
Michelle
Mrs Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something
A Day In A Life / Give Peace a Chance
Good Day Sunshine
Too Many People / Bathroom Window
Penny Lane
Band On The Run
Birthday
Back In The USSR
I Got A Feeling
Live And Let Die
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Lady Madonna
Get Back
I Saw Her Standing There

Yesterday
Sgt. Peppers
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: McCartney Quebec Set List

Postby Harrythebannister » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks - No great surprises there except Fine Line & Only Mamma Knows back in action and nice to see Mrs Vandebilt becoming a permanent fixture! :)
Only disappointment is no Maybe I'm Amazed in the set list. Wish he would bring this back!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby linclink » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:20 am

Harrythebannister wrote:Thanks - No great surprises there except Fine Line & Only Mamma Knows back in action and nice to see Mrs Vandebilt becoming a permanent fixture! :)
Only disappointment is no Maybe I'm Amazed in the set list. Wish he would bring this back!!

And nice to see "A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance" staying too. "Maybe I'm Amazed" is one of his best, but maybe it's too challenging/draining vocally, to consistently be doing. Hopefully he'll consider rotating in and out a few faves, like "Maybe I'm Amazed", and we might get to here them on nights when he'll have more rest. Too bad, as he's not touring proper right now, that he doesn't take the opportunity to try songs like that...as long as he'd do them early enough in the show I think he'd be OK. Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby EddieV » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm

In think this is one the best setlist from the last year!

Agree Maybe I´m Amazed would have been icing on cake
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Man, these set lists are getting so predictable. There's no excuse for Paul not to throw more variety in there.
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:40 pm

I like this list ,some songs are missing but I'll take what he gives me.***censored*** if all he wanted to do is chat I would still be there.
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccafan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:16 pm

I wish people would just stop with the whatever he does is okay routine! I expect more from the greatest entertainer in the world!

There is no excuse for McCartney to keep performing the same freaking songs over and over and over! Please add some totally new and different songs!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Give paul a break since 2005 he has added I got a feeling,too many people,only mama knows,flaming pie,fine line,dance tonight,calico skies,mrs vanderbilt,something,a day in the life and this is from last nights show .I went to the 1989 tour and the 1992 tour and i didn't hear him do these songs.So, he is adding songs there is just songs he has to do or people feel cheated.eg.hey jude,let it be ,band on the run ,jet.I think the hard core paul fans expect to much to satisfy themselves not taking in to account that paul sings for everybody.Just my opinion.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 pm

flextint wrote:Give paul a break since 2005 he has added I got a feeling,too many people,only mama knows,flaming pie,fine line,dance tonight,calico skies,mrs vanderbilt,something,a day in the life and this is from last nights show .I went to the 1989 tour and the 1992 tour and i didn't hear him do these songs.So, he is adding songs there is just songs he has to do or people feel cheated.eg.hey jude,let it be ,band on the run ,jet.I think the hard core paul fans expect to much to satisfy themselves not taking in to account that paul sings for everybody.Just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm glad he's added a few here and there, but come on, the man has 300+ songs in his catalog and he's barely scratched the surface!
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:43 pm

ricstark79 i hear ya but lets face it he is doing the heart of his catalogue beatles and solo/wings.He is doing songs that are famous all over the planet and it is a pretty big planet.Some songs did well here in north america but not so good overseas.Pretty much every song he plays live are loved worlwide.Except for maybe c-moon cant figure out that one out.
Last edited by flextint on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours