Paul in Amsterdam

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:26 am

Amsterdam has a lot more to offer than drugs and $25 (or €25) hookers.
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:29 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Oh Liam....it goes deeper than that, man...

I was quoting Rollah, and it went haywire - I was indicating his lack of mastery of the quoting system as further proof, and I should have been more careful - d'oh!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:46 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM

I was quoting Rollah, and it went haywire - I was indicating his lack of mastery of the quoting system as further proof, and I should have been more careful - d'oh!
DUH, Liam..I was saying that's not the only thing we know about this person. It goes MUCH deeper.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:47 am

It has been the standard and proper procedure on previous instances of such remarks with a hint of sarcastic nature buried within the semantics, for me to respond in a manner not atypical of the greatest civil servant of them all, the late Sir Humphrey Appleby, whose character was rendered so flawlessly two decades ago by Sir Nigel Hawthorne; such a procedure generally involves the intentional elongation of any and all words applicable to the situation, and generally making as full a use of the English language as is humanly possible, within the confines of the relatively miniscule discitation - of which I am uncertain of the precise spelling - in such a way as to use many more words than are of the utmost necessity to the explanatory remark. However, on this specific occasion, I have made a decision to act contrary to the normal and established ritual proceedings, as there are question marks raised over the worthiness of the subject whom I am causing the subjection of such a discourse.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:48 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM

DUH, Liam..I was saying that's not the only thing we know about this person. It goes MUCH deeper.

Oh, I see. In that case, I'm in full agreement. Just got a little paranoid . . .
Liam OSM

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:58 am

quote:DUH, Liam..I was saying that's not the only thing we know about this person. It goes MUCH deeper.

Right. About half of the regular posters on this site know a lot more information than this guy thinks. Only an idiot will play others for idiots.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:03 pm

Agreed - I guess I was just worried when I saw that Rollah's misuse of the quote thing had caused it to happen on my post as well - duh!
Liam OSM

Postby maccastheman » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:04 pm

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
Amsterdam has a lot more to offer than drugs and $25 (or €25) hookers.

Yes - Raw sewage in the canals! Just kidding, Thomas. (Although it is true) Actually, Amsterdam is a beautiful city with beautiful architecture, etc. It's too bad that all most Americans think of when they think of Amsterdam is the Red Light District. I must say it is a sight to see, however. [:0]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:12 pm

Is it really that unique for Holland? For me it's no big deal tyo have a red light district. There was one a few hundred meters from my school... guess where we went during breaks [}:)]
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:54 pm

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Is it really that unique for Holland? For me it's no big deal tyo have a red light district. There was one a few hundred meters from my school... guess where we went during breaks [}:)]

Brains,

You have to remember we Americans and a few Brits tend to be the biggest prudes on Earth. Sure, we have prostitutes and illegal drugs, but we like to pretend that we don't. In other words, we don't put them out in the open. It's just kind of shocking at first from the American perspective to see it right in front of you. I know Copenhagen has a "Red Light District" area as well. It seems to be contained a little better than the one in Amsterdam. (I didn't even see it when I was there - and I walked all over town)
I must admit the Red Light District seemed a bit dirty. (Literally - not figuratively) I did like Amsterdam on the whole, however.

Just my impression. Maybe I'll have to spend some more time there. When's Paul playing there? [;)]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours