Paul in Anaheim

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:37 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
HAHAHAHA. I think only a couple of us would get that, Steve. LOL
Yes....I've never figured out the story behind that one...Mr 43, SIR!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:43 am

Maybe "Brimley Girl" knows. [;)]

Gilray for Prez!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:17 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Maybe "Brimley Girl" knows. [;)]

Gilray for Prez!
HAHA....What exactly is a LoveG....erm...nevermind.....LOL!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dakota » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:57 am

I will be at the Pond this Friday as well Aujouret. Maybe we'll bump into each other.

I'm so thankful that game 6 of the World Series fell on Saturday instead of Friday, the night of the concert. As you people that live around Anaheim know, Edison Field and the Arrowhead Pond are almost right next to each other. Can you imagine what the people and traffic problems there would be having a sold-out Macca concert and a sold-out World Series game going on simultaneously!.....Yikes!
dakota

Postby Aujouret » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:19 am

I am just home from my concert at the Pond. I don't know what I have done to my fingers. Two of them have blood blisters at the tips. From clapping, I guess. They hurt. I am an idiot. I am still on a cloud...
I am only thinking..I love Paul. I love his band..
The preshow was a bit different, slight changes with ballerinas added.
A few different performers. I love the preshow.
Just what I saw, but Anaheim is basically a sit down crowd.
I sat for the ballads and only because I didn't want to block those behind me, who were cool. I was floor, middle section, row 23. And the few rows around me were up 90% of the time, but the side sections sat a lot. Makes me sad. Dear Paul works so hard. He looked tired to me. I'll be glad for him when he gets a break from the tour.
As Steve said, She's Leaving Home was just lovely.
My favorites:
Live and Let Die- super "bangs" and the flames at the end with fireworks- long ovation for all that. It was fun!
Here Today and Something continue to be so special and I love that part so much.
I admit it- I love the rockers!
Jet, All My Loving, Back In the USSR (totally kicks) and Can't Buy Me Love. I danced so hard my old feet are killing me!
As soon as Paul started the first three from Driving Rain, the audience sat down. I like DR very much, so that annoyed me, so I sang louder[:)]
Michelle was super too, I liked the screens.
I went with ETS, but I wasn't too thrilled with the seats this time around. Some fellow ETS ers were really angry and talking about getting lawyers...The food at the preconcert party was not too nice either. But I got to meet some nice folks from Paul's Message Board.
Waiting outside of the Pond I was glad my BF suggested I take my denim jacket- it got cool and it rained. And rained. We were waiting and waiting for the doors to open, We got soaked. Californians are dumb. Wow- what is that? What's rain?
I feel so blessed to have seen Paul 3 times this year.
I feel so honoured to have been so forunate to see him.
Thank you, Paul. Doesn't seem enough to just say thanks...
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:41 am

I want to hear more from this and other concerts any of you may have been to as I will be adding your reviews into the mass collection of information in the MACCA-Concerts section. More and more is being added every day.

Scans of tickes are welcome and the 1st scan of a ticket received for a concert will be listed and credit to that first submitter.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dakota » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:13 pm

My wife and I arrived at the Pond about 7:15. So we decided to go across the street to a resturant call JT Schmits (a popular pre-event hangout) for a few brews. I was wearing a Let It Be LP cover T-shirt and as we went thru the crowded bar/resturant I received alot of thumps up for the cool shirt.[8D]

We eventually made our way inside the arena right before the Cirque de Soleil began. I seemed to remember that the CDS went on for about 45 min.last time we saw the show so we decided to walk out to the lobby to eat and hangout so to avoid having to sit thru the CDS again.

Well, this turned out to be a bad decision. Just as we were putting mustard and onions on our hot dogs and pretzels at the concession stand we suddenly heard a crowd roar from inside the venue. It appears they must of cut the CDS short this time?!?!or maybe it just appeared so. Anyhow, we grabbed our food and dashed for our seats to the tune of "Hello Goodbye"....lol.

The seats were better than last April, we were happy about that. The only nitch of the night were these two hispanic women seated in front of us, probably well into their 30's that were somewhat annoying to me and very entertaining for my wife who'd been laughing at them.[V]
They had their hands waving in the air on every song, one of them was crying at times and then they would break out into hysterics a la Ed Sullivan show. I got the feeling that these chicks probably didn't know crap about the Beatles or Macca, they were probably just like those gals who screamed thru '62-'66 Beatle concerts. They could of been a bit on the sauce as well??!!??.

My wife commented during the show how well Macca's singing was (she's a tough music critic), most notably on "Shes Leaving Home". Boy, Wix really made his keyboard sound like a bonafide string section. "Michelle" had some great parisien video footage. I thought Rusty's guitar was a bit too overbearing on some songs. The same with Wix's keyboard parts on "BOTR". Aside from that the show was expectantly brillant.

I thought it was funny that Macca's still telling the Marie Calendars joke. It appears that there were more middle-aged fans there than I have remember seeing at previous Macca shows. My wife wasn't feeling very good and I wanted to get a beat on the traffic home so we split during "Hey Jude". As we were leaving our seats and turning out towards the tunnel way I glimpsed back at the stage while Macca was singing "Hey Jude" and the thought entered my head that this will more than likely be my 7th and last time I see a Macca concert.

Great show Paul!.......and GO ANGELS!
dakota

Postby Aujouret » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:23 pm

I got to the Pond at 6:00 and listened at the back doors of the Pond to the soundcheck. There were other fans there of course listening too. I heard Band On the Run. I should have stayed there until they opened the front doors and I'd have stayed dryer!
When I got inside a bit after 7pm, I wanted to go look around. Okay- nosy around[;)] I climbed up behind the stage, just checking out the curtains and the speakers and lights up real high. I got down as close as possible and saw the guitar cases and the famous juggler stamped on the sides of sound and amplifier cases. [8D]
The curtains are heavy cotton, I was surprized- I thought perhaps polyester. That is so interesting, looking at the fold back amps and a cup of water and a little red towel for Paul, tucked away by the grand piano.
During Paul's intro to YLF, when he said "for my lovely lady Heather", I was sad because I burst into applause and said Yea! loud and you could actually hear me in the arena. Very little applause. I was up for all three Driving Rain songs and was also one of only a few people standing and singing along, almost everyone else sat down.
I had no trouble seeing Paul, anyway.
When he told the Marie Calendars joke, there were three of us on the floor sitting together who shouted out the punchline along with him: Marie Calendars![:D] couldn't resist it[}:)]
The Ets thing was a disappointment this time. The preconcert party was at the Jazz Kitchen. The little combo played jazz.[xx(]
The food was so gross, the salad had been flown in from an oil slick somewhere and the veggies were barely heated and swimming in water, along with the war surplus pasta.
I think for the "next time" tour. I'll go with eBay. I have good luck there.
Just at the end of the show, the George fan next to me suddenly stepped out into the isle and started walking to the front of the stage. I was right behind her. Got maybe 10 feet away from Paul, watching him sign stuff for a couple of minutes. Just fantastic being so close.
It's silly, I know, but you know, he looks just like Paul![:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:55 pm

quote: Liam has his own Driving Gale tour going on anyway.

LOL.

quote:Maybe "Brimley Girl" knows.

Gilray for Prez!

I'm sure you remembered my hometown.[:p] yes I will be running for prez of my local macca worshipers chapter 256.

glad to see more good reviews of the tour!!!!
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by dakota
I wanted to get a beat on the traffic home so we split during "Hey Jude". Oh my...I'm sorry she was sick, but you left early and missed both encores? I know it's 7 for you, but I would be hard pressed to leave early. I also think Rusty just flat out rocks. Thanks for the review!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours