Paul's American band

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Paul's American band

Postby moose6410 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:35 pm

Just wondered why Paul's band consisted of all young American players, except the keyboard player, I believe. Surely it isn't a union thing. But their tour keeps a tight schedule, and of course younger players would probably be more up for that. Any ideas? They were great, of course: just curious.
moose6410

Postby megs » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:53 pm

there not that young, rusty is 45 and i think brian is around that age too[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:27 am

Moose...I explained about it on the "misheard lyrics" thread. Brian is early 30's, i believe. Rusty is mid-40's. They were on the album, Driving Rain.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 20, 2002 12:18 pm

This one's easy. Paul has talked about this a few times in interviews. David Kahne the co-producer asked Paul if he wanted to do all the instruments himself (mult-tracking) or with musicians. Paul left it to David and he said he has some great studio musicians Paul said OK, the rest is history.

The big difference is Gabe Dixon apparently had other commitments and couldn't tour so they needed not only a keyboard player but a versitile guitar/bass player. WIX was the natural choice for Paul and I don't know the exact story on how Rusty was chosen. Oops I mean Brian ! I should really read/edit before I post [:)]
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:11 pm

I think you mean Brian Ray[:)]

Isn't David Kahne also the producer of Back In The US? If so, I think he's the one who got Brian in the band...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours