Paul in St. Louie...

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Paul in St. Louie...

Postby kacattani » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:51 pm

Well, I thought it would take forever for Oct. 9th to come round. But it has come and gone, taking Paul and his band with it. Anyone who was there at the Savvis Center last night had to walk away pumped. My son and I saw him in April in Chicago, and both of us agree that this was even better than that one... and we didn't think that was possible. The dropping of C Moon, Mother Nature's Son, and Vanilla Sky, and adding Let 'em In, Michelle, and especially She's Leaving Home, which has never been sung in public till this leg of the tour, helped make the subtle difference between the two concerts. In addition, there was a little more pyro stuff for Live and Let Die on stage this time around. Another special touch was leading the crowd in an a capella "Happy Birthday" to John, who would have been 62. Just before singing Yesterday, Paul said his acoustic guitar was the same one he used for that song on the Ed Sullivan show. The camera did a tight close-up to reveal a Detroit Red Wings sticker on it, which drew a "boo" from the crowd. Paul said, "I don't understand what's up with that". Hope someone tells him why the "boo"... he was in St. Louis Blues Hockey country, don'tcha know. By far, the best concert I've ever attended. Someday, would like to hear him do Uncle Albert, She Loves You, When I'm 64, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Rocky Racoon, and I Will. Rock on, Paul. It was worth every penny and more.[;)]
kacattani

Paul in St. Louie...

Postby kacattani » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:51 pm

Well, I thought it would take forever for Oct. 9th to come round. But it has come and gone, taking Paul and his band with it. Anyone who was there at the Savvis Center last night had to walk away pumped. My son and I saw him in April in Chicago, and both of us agree that this was even better than that one... and we didn't think that was possible. The dropping of C Moon, Mother Nature's Son, and Vanilla Sky, and adding Let 'em In, Michelle, and especially She's Leaving Home, which has never been sung in public till this leg of the tour, helped make the subtle difference between the two concerts. In addition, there was a little more pyro stuff for Live and Let Die on stage this time around. Another special touch was leading the crowd in an a capella "Happy Birthday" to John, who would have been 62. Just before singing Yesterday, Paul said his acoustic guitar was the same one he used for that song on the Ed Sullivan show. The camera did a tight close-up to reveal a Detroit Red Wings sticker on it, which drew a "boo" from the crowd. Paul said, "I don't understand what's up with that". Hope someone tells him why the "boo"... he was in St. Louis Blues Hockey country, don'tcha know. By far, the best concert I've ever attended. Someday, would like to hear him do Uncle Albert, She Loves You, When I'm 64, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Rocky Racoon, and I Will. Rock on, Paul. It was worth every penny and more.[;)]
kacattani

Postby Rundevilrun » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:30 am

Have to agree there stranger... hey, don't i live with you? Wish he would have kept "mother nature's son," however. "vanilla sky" was an underrated song.
Rundevilrun

Postby luvsmacca » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:48 pm

[:)] hello everyone! I am new! let me introduce, myself to you! my name is luvsmcca, cause I am after all A MACCA! for it was on 1964, I last got to see Paul, performing in the "BEATLES"! by way of A Miracle, I was able to attend the Concert in Saint Louis, on OCT 9th!! It has been over thirty yrs, since I saw PAUL! and it is only now, I can talk about it all! I am still gathering, my words and thoughts, and energies, to describe the atmosphere, the people I encountered, the lovely ones that I Met, and the energies I felt and that I absorbed, in that Concert on WED Night! and what vibrational music, energies, I got from Paul that night!
My View was okay. I was on the left side, of the stage. by Wix! I wanted to be closer, to get a better view, of how the instruments were all played. it was Tight Percise, and right on cue! bringing the band, right back to center, each time, they changed keys, and musical ranges! he had perfect Balance! their were a little TWEEKS, here and their, but I would notice that. maybe the audiance would not! he Directed, Produced, and Performed, at the HIGHEST Musical Level I have ever seen or listend to, at any concert, in My life. Soo Sad the Beatles did not have that technology at that time. would have been really kind! (not the technology yet, for sound equip, in those days) and they are my TOPS to the best of the ROCK. I have ever heard, to this day. P.S. more on the concert coming up! I think I have used too much space here. to be continued! luvsmacca, luv and light to you all, til my next, report, on the concert!
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:56 pm

hmmm welcome luvs macca, o yeah dont worry ur post wasnt that long u should of seen one of mine on a concert review i did it was probably like 3x bigger than yours[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:50 pm

Hey luvs, glad to see you got to go after all.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:06 pm

Anything else to add, luvs? [;)]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby luvsmacca » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:26 pm

yes their is lots to add! just have not had the time to post it all! lol. I have been kind of busy! in Saint Louis, All I can say is that this was a MAGNIFIC! MASTERLY! Directed and Produced concert as I have ever seen since the Beatles! it was inclusive, exclusive, and Masterly Spiritualy Inspired! as well as artisticly Creative! !! soo VIBRATIONAL, and the energys were Soo PROFOUND! it gave Paul and the Band that Extra Special Boost of LUV energys! the likes of which I have not ever seen or felt! these are the VIBES of which the the "MACCA BAND" is now experiancing, as they travel down the "MACCA EXPRESS"! they are the very best!! luv you, luvsmacca
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:37 pm

Ok,...easy now, luvs...and put the pipe down now.... LOL.

It was a great experience, no?[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:23 pm

Ermm...Wildwood Flower grew wild on the farm, and we never know'd what it was called......some called it a flower..some called it a weed..I never give it much thought...

Dedicated to Luvs....[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours