My life is now complete -Paul at Gund Arena

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby fractalmom » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:12 am

Have waited 38 years to see Paul. Many missed opportunities, crises, children, (once they wouldn't get UP so I could go stand in line to get tickets for the pittsburgh tour sometime in the late 80's or early 90's) well, anyway, God does love me because my business partner's sister whipped out two Club seats (C125, Row 21 seats 3 & 4 which put us just a bit toward Paul and the stage past center court) that she had won in a contest by a bank!. OMG I about fainted!! My husband and I left WV near Pittsburgh at 1:00 pm Friday after dropping off grandbaby at her mothers' work (we have four kids, 25 f single with a 1½ yr old girl, 23/married f with husband we can't stand, 3 yr old & 6 week old, 17 yr old boy, 13 year old girl, 3 dogs, five chihuahua puppies, four cats and THEY ALL LIVE WITH US)and were on our way. Stayed at the Wnydham, about 3 blocks from Gund. Very nice, but a bit pricey. Went down to the bar, had one drink each, one sandwich each was $29.00, then took cab to gund, asked driver to take us to wherever the entrance where paul would arrive was, he said is a line...I replied, I have waited 38 years to see Paul, Honey I WILL STAND IN LINE !! Driver laughed and took us which is good because we NEVER would have found it alone. It was like several blocks away from the arena and went in under a parking garage. We got there at about 3:45. Saw a bunch of Macca.com peoples there, saw LawrenceMacca, stood next to the barriers the cops erected while we all laughed, such an UNRULY bunch we were ... NOT, but you would have thought we were a bunch of teens at a guns and roses gig or something...instead of a bunch of slightly over middle aged paul fans. I had gotten online at macca and found out that HE usually arrives for an 8 pm concert at between 5:30 and 5:40 pm and RIGHT on schedule, at 5:33 pm the black limo pulled up. I jumped the barrier just fast enough to see his arm and the top of his head:::: always a bridesmaid never a bride ! None the less, It made my day !!. Went out front and waited forever for the doors to open, went in and sat down at 6:30. The rest of the night, my husband said I took my eyes from the stage a total of 3 times in the slightly over 3 hours of ALL PAUL. The opening was nice, I did recognize (I think) a selection from Fireman. When Paul appeared behind the big screen with his bass held up in one arm over his head, well it wasn't quite orgasm, but close <grin>. It's not a sex symbol thing with me tho, it probably was when I was nine and I first heard the Beatles, but at this point, its simply a huge profound RESPECT. For the music firstly, for the way he has lived his life, for the way he and Linda raised their children, for the investments, for the pain he has suffered, and finally for moving on and continuing his life with Heather. I was very depressed to have to come home and did want to turn into a concert follower, simply loading up a camper and going from town to town following Paul. A bit hard to do when you have a life tho, tempting as it is. The concert couldn't have been more perfect for me. I was totally oblivious to anything other than the music and Paul. That is as close to heaven as I will get without Dying. Thank you Paul for coming close enough for me to come. Thank GOD for a friend who loves me enough to give away 2 $125.00 seats. Thank you to Macca-Central for keeping us all updated. Hopefully now I won't die.
fractalmom

Postby fractalmom » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:12 am

Have waited 38 years to see Paul. Many missed opportunities, crises, children, (once they wouldn't get UP so I could go stand in line to get tickets for the pittsburgh tour sometime in the late 80's or early 90's) well, anyway, God does love me because my business partner's sister whipped out two Club seats (C125, Row 21 seats 3 & 4 which put us just a bit toward Paul and the stage past center court) that she had won in a contest by a bank!. OMG I about fainted!! My husband and I left WV near Pittsburgh at 1:00 pm Friday after dropping off grandbaby at her mothers' work (we have four kids, 25 f single with a 1½ yr old girl, 23/married f with husband we can't stand, 3 yr old & 6 week old, 17 yr old boy, 13 year old girl, 3 dogs, five chihuahua puppies, four cats and THEY ALL LIVE WITH US)and were on our way. Stayed at the Wnydham, about 3 blocks from Gund. Very nice, but a bit pricey. Went down to the bar, had one drink each, one sandwich each was $29.00, then took cab to gund, asked driver to take us to wherever the entrance where paul would arrive was, he said is a line...I replied, I have waited 38 years to see Paul, Honey I WILL STAND IN LINE !! Driver laughed and took us which is good because we NEVER would have found it alone. It was like several blocks away from the arena and went in under a parking garage. We got there at about 3:45. Saw a bunch of Macca.com peoples there, saw LawrenceMacca, stood next to the barriers the cops erected while we all laughed, such an UNRULY bunch we were ... NOT, but you would have thought we were a bunch of teens at a guns and roses gig or something...instead of a bunch of slightly over middle aged paul fans. I had gotten online at macca and found out that HE usually arrives for an 8 pm concert at between 5:30 and 5:40 pm and RIGHT on schedule, at 5:33 pm the black limo pulled up. I jumped the barrier just fast enough to see his arm and the top of his head:::: always a bridesmaid never a bride ! None the less, It made my day !!. Went out front and waited forever for the doors to open, went in and sat down at 6:30. The rest of the night, my husband said I took my eyes from the stage a total of 3 times in the slightly over 3 hours of ALL PAUL. The opening was nice, I did recognize (I think) a selection from Fireman. When Paul appeared behind the big screen with his bass held up in one arm over his head, well it wasn't quite orgasm, but close <grin>. It's not a sex symbol thing with me tho, it probably was when I was nine and I first heard the Beatles, but at this point, its simply a huge profound RESPECT. For the music firstly, for the way he has lived his life, for the way he and Linda raised their children, for the investments, for the pain he has suffered, and finally for moving on and continuing his life with Heather. I was very depressed to have to come home and did want to turn into a concert follower, simply loading up a camper and going from town to town following Paul. A bit hard to do when you have a life tho, tempting as it is. The concert couldn't have been more perfect for me. I was totally oblivious to anything other than the music and Paul. That is as close to heaven as I will get without Dying. Thank you Paul for coming close enough for me to come. Thank GOD for a friend who loves me enough to give away 2 $125.00 seats. Thank you to Macca-Central for keeping us all updated. Hopefully now I won't die.
fractalmom

Postby LawrenceMacca » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:30 pm

Enjoyed reading your report...great memories eh ?? Ive never forgotten the first time I saw Paul. I can identify with your sentiments. Wasn't hanging out at the limo entrance fun..I felt a bit silly at first ..and then as you say we were all like big kids. Did you see the video guys..I was hamming up for them. ANd I got to see Paull eye ball to eye ball im sure I saw the light of recognition before he dissapeared. He meets a lot of peole but last time we 'hung out' I nipped his ear so badly and for so long incl having lunch together, sharing same dressing room..so I hop he wont forget me easily.

Did we get introduced...your screen name is not familiar ??

Im doing a show with some other impersonators in Pittsburgh - Friday nights at the riverwatch, keep it in mind. WIth all those kids youve got I should dedicate Lady Madonna to you:)

Anyway all the best

LawrenceMacca
LawrenceMacca

Postby moose6410 » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:49 pm

quote:Originally posted by fractalmom
[:X]Oh my dear, I am so where you are!!! I waited 40 years and finally saw him Oct. 13 in Houston. It was worth every second of time in between! I totally changed my life 2 years ago, got out of a 20-year abusive marriage, went back to Grad school and back into theatre and music, which I can thank the Beatles for moving me toward, and even though I went alone to the concert, I have never felt more at home anywhere in my life. ALL of us were cheering, singing and crying, there wasn't a stranger in the place, truly. And of course Paul himself was so at ease, and enjoyed himself so much, it was a joy from start to finish, over 3 hours of it! My life has come full circle: in many ways it started with the Beatles 40 years ago, and now I am free, happy, and feel as young as Paul looks and acts! IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!!
moose6410

Postby megs » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh its big ahhhhhhhhhhhh[:D][:o)]ha ha clown
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours