Paul's next album project

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Paul's next album project

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:59 pm

I hear Paul's next album project could very well be a collection of 30's and 40's tunes a la Natalie COle. We all know how much he loves that stuff (Honey Pie, Martha My Dear), etc. His favorite song is "The Very Thought of you' the old Nat King Cole song from the 40's. It's been said that his woman is deep into romantic ballads and that she didn't like the Beatles or wasn't exposed to it.

Anyway, Paul doing just vocals and doing orchestra and producing i can almost see that. I wouldn't be against it - but ya gotta wonder if Paul wants to spend 1/2 a year recording and mixing an album of rock and pop like "Driving Rain" which unfortunately as we all know hardly hit sales expectations. I wouldn't say it sold enough to be embarassing - it just didn't go beyond his normal mainstream audience unlike Flaming Pie which hit #2 in 1997.

Anyway, i always said Paul would do an album of standards. COnsidering how romantic he is and how the whole doing an album in a week like Sinatra did would and could be mighty appealing to Paul.

As much as People say Paul is a work a holic, every interview i have seen says how impressed he is in recording an album in a two week period or writing a song in a day or doing an album on vacation. I am just a little perplexed that he hasn't tried to really push himself into recording and writing an album over a 1 year or 1 1/2 time. I wish he would. But, you know what? He's Paul McCartney - i believe he has created 42 years of great music and he's entitled to do whatever the F.. he wants. I say i vote for him working on a record for a 1 1/2 year period but he can do whatever he wants!! He's the man!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:02 am

I'm never sure whether you're being serious or not with these kinda things, Chris - but it would make for an interesting album, I grant you.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:35 am

A bit like Robbie Williams' "Swing When You're Winning" you mean?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:27 am

That was just what I was thinking of when I read the above post . . .
Liam OSM

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours