A wee REPORT ON A MAGIC NIGHT IN CLEVELAND

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby LawrenceMacca » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:46 pm

A 'wee' report on CLEVELAND
Before the show we had a great time meeting up with all the web people -

BIG HI to Nancy (wot a kind lady) - NOn (for all her work ta) - Cindi (singin in the dead of night - KimF (lovely eyes) Patti.. vickie - chris ... oliverich ???rasric....pennylane crazygina (and her dad)..so many -- please say hi and remind me of our memorable meeting -- Shelly whom I could see bopping in the front row...

Actually Was Lovely meeting all of you....Good Job folks. Whens the next gig ??

At the limo entrance. We were singing playing music..and performing for the official video and photographers...they had me grab one of the web folks (reminder of his name ??)...rickenbacker bass and play up for the camera..which of course I did doing a bit of silly love songs. I was priveleged to go to the front ..so when Paul passsed by and rolled his window down I got to make certain eye contact for a second before he dissapeared into the underground car park. Im sure he recognised me at that last split second.

It was a magic concert. I had better seats than the last time even though they were cheaper. They were in line with the stage looking down on the front row, where I could see those crazy lucky guys on the front row going mad, along with Heather dancing with two other lassies.

I could also see my 'old mate' john hammel sorting out Pauls guitars - I shouted hello to him before the show, and he acknowledged me - we hung out quite a bit when I worked with Paul on the video. As did another guy I saw after the show - He was packing up after the show but took the time to come right over and shake hands with me, and I said remember me - he said off course. I gave him a present one of my cd's He looked at it in amusement and said so your still doing the Paul McCartney thing... How long have you been in the states ??

The show -- highlights for me were 'Shes Leaving home' a new one on this tour. Cleveland rocking - tirelessly ..to Hey Jude, I saw her standing there etc..near the end.. The guitar jamming during sgt pepper. Those three guitars were competing big time.

ANd WOT about 'LET EM IN' did he do it last time ..it was so good..the drums...man old abe ..impressed me all night..and its great they all get up and sing back up on Eleanor RIgby...

Pauls piano numbers were amazing....including Maybe Im Amazed showing his voice is in great form. Long and Winding Road. Whaooo.

Loved all the pink signs around the arena...identifying our web site goers. A common connection all over the place. The showed them a few times on the big screen. As well as thos magic US flags during Freedom - .

By the end of the show Paul was really buzzing...and came out for his second encore ..shadow boxing with wix. He looked across at Heather several times, near the end of the show...and went over almost to dance with her during I saw Her standing there. Rusty's collapse on his back (deliberate...was so cool)

Im sure the fireworks were better than last time.

Pauls assistant (John Hammel) catching Pauls Hofner was something we've seen before, but I was struck - by Paul standing his les paul guitar upright tantilisingly with a finger then lettting go for his assistant John to run half way across the stage, quicker than I imagined he could, to catch it inches before it hit the deck. It was a privelege to be there again - thanks Macca.

Hard Rock Cafe Party: Organised by Nancy Dagle and Non-proctor and the team from paulmccartney.com forum and nice to have special guest from this forum MIKE KOVACICH - jamming and singing with us all - thanks Mike great seeing you and your clan again.....just nice to get together with all the merry webbers..had a few technical hitches..with sound system (thanks to Gary Lee for helping out) and my old guitar packing in.. Would love to have had all the web folks get up to the Mike and introduce themselves...maybe an idea for our next get together.

Nancy accompanied me on Blackbird- a real trooper. Had a bit of dancing going ..and a few guest guitarist. Thanks to all those who bought my CD - hope you enjoy the show.

Finally I would like to say thanks to Macca for bringing us together and also that I would like the chance to do a really 'proffessional gig' for all you guys. WIth a bit more preparation and a band/two.

If not before we can at least at next years abbeyroadontheriver --get Cleveland rocking once again

Lots of love lovely webbers. Wish we had more time to rock

I got back to Pittsburgh at 5:00 am....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See Ya next time

LawrenceMacca

http://www.macca-central.com/LawrenceMacca
LawrenceMacca

Postby LawrenceMacca » Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:46 pm

A 'wee' report on CLEVELAND
Before the show we had a great time meeting up with all the web people -

BIG HI to Nancy (wot a kind lady) - NOn (for all her work ta) - Cindi (singin in the dead of night - KimF (lovely eyes) Patti.. vickie - chris ... oliverich ???rasric....pennylane crazygina (and her dad)..so many -- please say hi and remind me of our memorable meeting -- Shelly whom I could see bopping in the front row...

Actually Was Lovely meeting all of you....Good Job folks. Whens the next gig ??

At the limo entrance. We were singing playing music..and performing for the official video and photographers...they had me grab one of the web folks (reminder of his name ??)...rickenbacker bass and play up for the camera..which of course I did doing a bit of silly love songs. I was priveleged to go to the front ..so when Paul passsed by and rolled his window down I got to make certain eye contact for a second before he dissapeared into the underground car park. Im sure he recognised me at that last split second.

It was a magic concert. I had better seats than the last time even though they were cheaper. They were in line with the stage looking down on the front row, where I could see those crazy lucky guys on the front row going mad, along with Heather dancing with two other lassies.

I could also see my 'old mate' john hammel sorting out Pauls guitars - I shouted hello to him before the show, and he acknowledged me - we hung out quite a bit when I worked with Paul on the video. As did another guy I saw after the show - He was packing up after the show but took the time to come right over and shake hands with me, and I said remember me - he said off course. I gave him a present one of my cd's He looked at it in amusement and said so your still doing the Paul McCartney thing... How long have you been in the states ??

The show -- highlights for me were 'Shes Leaving home' a new one on this tour. Cleveland rocking - tirelessly ..to Hey Jude, I saw her standing there etc..near the end.. The guitar jamming during sgt pepper. Those three guitars were competing big time.

ANd WOT about 'LET EM IN' did he do it last time ..it was so good..the drums...man old abe ..impressed me all night..and its great they all get up and sing back up on Eleanor RIgby...

Pauls piano numbers were amazing....including Maybe Im Amazed showing his voice is in great form. Long and Winding Road. Whaooo.

Loved all the pink signs around the arena...identifying our web site goers. A common connection all over the place. The showed them a few times on the big screen. As well as thos magic US flags during Freedom - .

By the end of the show Paul was really buzzing...and came out for his second encore ..shadow boxing with wix. He looked across at Heather several times, near the end of the show...and went over almost to dance with her during I saw Her standing there. Rusty's collapse on his back (deliberate...was so cool)

Im sure the fireworks were better than last time.

Pauls assistant (John Hammel) catching Pauls Hofner was something we've seen before, but I was struck - by Paul standing his les paul guitar upright tantilisingly with a finger then lettting go for his assistant John to run half way across the stage, quicker than I imagined he could, to catch it inches before it hit the deck. It was a privelege to be there again - thanks Macca.

Hard Rock Cafe Party: Organised by Nancy Dagle and Non-proctor and the team from paulmccartney.com forum and nice to have special guest from this forum MIKE KOVACICH - jamming and singing with us all - thanks Mike great seeing you and your clan again.....just nice to get together with all the merry webbers..had a few technical hitches..with sound system (thanks to Gary Lee for helping out) and my old guitar packing in.. Would love to have had all the web folks get up to the Mike and introduce themselves...maybe an idea for our next get together.

Nancy accompanied me on Blackbird- a real trooper. Had a bit of dancing going ..and a few guest guitarist. Thanks to all those who bought my CD - hope you enjoy the show.

Finally I would like to say thanks to Macca for bringing us together and also that I would like the chance to do a really 'proffessional gig' for all you guys. WIth a bit more preparation and a band/two.

If not before we can at least at next years abbeyroadontheriver --get Cleveland rocking once again

Lots of love lovely webbers. Wish we had more time to rock

I got back to Pittsburgh at 5:00 am....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See Ya next time

LawrenceMacca

http://www.macca-central.com/LawrenceMacca
LawrenceMacca

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:12 pm

Yes Lawrence, it was great seeing you and Mary and all the fans from the Paul forums at paulmccartney.com I totally missed you and the whole group at the GUND. I wasn't exactly sure the start of the sound check as I wanted to catch it, we heard much of it on the other side of the arena inside one of the doors. I've got lots to update here on the site and write up a little report me-self.

I didn't know about the jam at Hard Rock Cafe so I came very unprepared, had to rush back to the Hotel to fetch my guitar. I learned a lesson. Next get together I will bring extra stuff like mic/stand/chords etc. We were short of chords and I did bring a mic but no chord for it. Though inconvenient all using one microphone, it was great as when we sang 3-part harmonies on some songs Lawrence, Gary and myself, it must have looked funny as we were sometimes trying to pop eachother. Through each other off a bit in fun. Just had a great time with the other musicians and all you great fans that had so much common excitement of the stunning concert we all just witnessed. Indeed a night for us all to remember.

Thanks Lawrence for stopping by from your regular spot as moderator on the forums at paulmccartney.com

Right now I'm the only moderator here and being the webmaster, creative director and guy who does everything, even typing, I have not gone on paulmccartney.com much at all to send the odd post.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:38 pm

good for you guys. sounded like a great time.[:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby crazygina18 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:58 pm

hello! i never really post much here, but now's a nice time to start! cleveland rocked! had a grrrrreat time at the limo ramp and meeting everyone from the paul mccartney forum. and lawrence, you were excellant at the hard rock cafe! a pleasure it was to meet you!! [8D]
crazygina18

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours