I don't have the patience

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:53 pm

Come Together . . . I recently learned to play that on my keyboard, actually! Once I had it down to a fine art, I toyed with the idea of medleying it with Queen's "We Will Rock You", but in the end decided against it, as the transitions didn't work as well as I'd hoped.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:00 pm

Are you in a formal skiffle type group, sir OSM?
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by BandOnTheRun1
Are you in a formal skiffle type group, sir OSM?

Nope - just me on my keyboard. And if I may say so myself, I think I do a jolly good job of it! I have an extensive repertoire, which I listed somewhere - I have some of my own songs, plus an extensive collection of Beatles/solo songs, not to mention a selection of Queen, Sting, Elton John and Styx. [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:06 pm

And who have you played for, Sir! And are you a card-carrying professional?
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by BandOnTheRun1
And who have you played for, Sir! And are you a card-carrying professional?

No, I'm no professional. I hope to be one day, though, mind. As for who I've played for, it's generally only been informal gatherings of housemates and friends.
Liam OSM

Postby Aujouret » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:12 pm

Thomas, I can certainly understand your feelings about the DVD/CD thing. And also the fact that there still has been no word from Paul "officially" about touring Europe.
It's not fair. I agree with you.
There is more money to be made touring the US. That's the truth.
The only thing you can do is buy from Amazon or whoever.
I've bought stuff from the UK/Europe that I couldn't get here. Like my psychedelic mini, Live at the Cavern T-shirt, CDs, books.
I don't like to pay shipping, but I do.
I only hope that eventually Paul makes it around to tour Europe. And the UK and Africa, South America, India, China, Russia, etc.
It's a big world.
Keep saving your money. This concert tour is not cheap!
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:39 pm

What about '72 and two tours in '73 and two more in '75 ? It was all Europe and Oz.

It wasn't until '76 that North America finally got to see Paul. Then only the UK saw him in '79, '85 and '86. He started the '89 tour in Europe too.

We were long over due and we are very happy we got him first this time around [:)]

But as "THE INSIDER" reported exclusively to MACCA-Central, he's has been rehearsing some Wings Rockers and another off Sgt. Pepper and some new material. So it's likely Europe will be rewarded with an altered set-list.
Mike

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:44 pm

Thanks for that info, Mike. I forgot about all those tours in Europe. Maybe that will give our Euro friends some better insight. Be patient, guys. He'll be there.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:41 am

When those tours in the 70's happened I wasn't even borne. (I'm from '77)
I'don't think there is more money to be made in the US. Like I previous said: I'don't mind to wait for the concert if I knew for sure that he's coming over here so that I can get tickets and I don't have to worry that he'l skip Holland (I don't think he will. The Netherlands was always included in Pauls touring schedule). I'm just pissed because the DVD won't be released in Europe. I know ways to get the cd and in the worst case I'll download the cd and spend my money somewhere else.
Thomas

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours