Geoff Baker on the King Kameamea thread

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:56 pm

Just want to make one thing perfectly clear. I am not employed by anyone to do this site. This site is on my time and my expense. I wish I would get some kind of salary for it. This is why I have asked for donations or contributions. This does cost real money to keep up a site this large.

On the other hand Geoff is on the payroll from Paul.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:01 am

Also Chris I haven't seen one celebrity do their own typing on any webchat yet. It's part of the appearance perks like on a talk show in the green room, certain things have to be there.

It would be a total waiste of time and only half the questions would get through as time is waisted typing answers. I have used several midi sequencers, even the same one Paul used and you do have to know your way around a computer to effective use the software, including mouse and keyboard shortcuts. He composed Standing Stone score on it so there's the answer to that one.

Also I have it from a musician who performed on Pipes of Peace that during recording sessions Paul would sneak off to a room playing video games. They'd catch him in there and they'd have a laugh about it.
Mike

Postby Aujouret » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:58 am

Oh, yes, Mike, it was Standing Stone that Paul composed on the computer. That way he doesn't have to have a Carl Davis to help him score. No offence to Carl.
I remember watching him use it In The World Tonight video.
That video is defintely my favorite. Well, maybe Wingspan....
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:52 pm

Is that why Pipes of Peace isn't a great album? Because Paul was playing Asteriods, Space Invaders, and pong? Ha-ha. Seeing Macca playing video games proves that he is a child at heart. I can picture him playing with his son and doing the video games.

Seriously, i guess you're saying that Paul is computer saavy - i guess he is cause if his watch is as high-tech as it seems - Paul does probably surf the net.

Paul and the video games is funny site thought? Him and Geoff Emerick playing Asteriods around 1982????
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:55 pm

that would be a little weird seeing a 60 yr old playing like playstation 2 or nintendo 64[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:11 am

Well, Paul was always good with kids, so it may come natural to him . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:07 am

Right, Liam. Plus, he wasn't 60 years old at the time. People have to remember Paul is just a normal dude who happens to have an EXTRAORDINARY career. I can very well see Paul having fun with a video game.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:50 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Right, Liam. Plus, he wasn't 60 years old at the time. People have to remember Paul is just a normal dude who happens to have an EXTRAORDINARY career. I can very well see Paul having fun with a video game.

And he has to relax somehow, hasn't he!
Liam OSM

Postby luvsmacca » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:05 am

well I do hope they (GB&P)feel like they can come in here Mike! I try to make everyone feel welcome, who comes in the chat. greeting them so kindly. we have been having a blast in the chat room, having fabulous discussions about our lives. and how they have changed thru the yrs with Paul and the Band! we even laugh, and have soo much fun in their! A lot of newbies are joing in the fun their as well! and I do also play those video games as well! I luv the slots! as well as the card games too! I bet PAUL HAS A BLAST playing all of them! anyone for checkers? double Mong Jong? I l luv Alchemy too! Paul luvs the internet, and all it has to offer him as a regular private guy! of which I dont know any other way to describe Paul, but a reg fun and loving guy! your freind luvsmacca, peace and luv to you all! see ya in the chat![8D]
luvsmacca
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours