Geoff Baker on the King Kameamea thread

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:09 pm

Geoff was only following Paul's orders misleading the press when Linda dies in Tucson. He asked Geoff to lie to buy the family some privacy. What's wrong with that? He lies for Paul all the time. So?
Don't our bosses ask the same of us?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:19 pm

Yes, exactly Auj. Why come down on Geoff Baker? He's Paul's publicist. Obviously he's only gonna report what Paul wants him to report. If he was going around lying without Paul's consent, he wouldn't still be working for Paul all these years.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:20 pm

Good point, AUJ & Ram. I'll go further. If I was macca famous and my wife had passed, I'd make sure no one knew where and I'd also make sure that the press was mislead, since all they would do with the info would be to camp out for a death watch or a greiving widower/kids photo shot. I don't care who carried it out GB or macca. They both were correct in doing so.

The entertainment press just blows. Blood suckers. I'm glad GB lied about the info--it's not "Nixion" if it's doesn't have anything to do with the political process. Good job Geoff and Macca.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:49 pm

All I can say is YES, it was the real Geoff Baker and it's just too bad cuz he really liked what he saw in the forums. Now can you guys understand why I try to keep things tame here.

They have no time for bull**** but real fan feedback is another thing. I have said enough.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:03 am

So if Geoff Baker knows this site and this forum, can we assume that Paul himself ever reads some of our posts?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:00 pm

Yep! I ever thought about this, but if he has been read this of course it was once or twice, not all the time. And think how he might reacted:
[:)][:(!][:D][V][^][:(][8D][:I][B)][?][8][B)] and especially [:0].
Ain't it so, Macca?? SIR!!

LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:08 pm

Let me put it this way. If Macca read some of the uncensored posts, this site would be shut down by legal order. And i would receive a series of beatings by MPL goons. A more likely scenario is this. Macca is computer illeterate - I think Geoff Baker downloads some of the cool posts and gives Macca a print out.

There is no way in hell that Paul would actually go onto the computer on his own and read some of the threads. Impossible.

Geoff Baker and Mike are pretty smart guys - they give him what he wants to read and here - believe me, they are smart enough to control the flow of info - they wouldn't be employed if they didn't. In corporate world, we call it managing upstream
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:16 pm

Ah Chris, where do you get the idea that Paul is not "computer literate"?
He writes classical music on his computer.
I'm sure he logs on to the internet whenever he wants to.
Or doesn't log on- whatever he wants.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:37 pm

All of the live-web casts features Macca dictating his answers to a publicist
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:43 pm

Yeah, but I think most celebrity web chats are like that, Chris. I don't think the stars usually do their own typing. They speak the answers to someone else who types it in. There's also a system now for celebrity chats where people can just speak into the computer, and the typing comes up on the screen.
RedRoseSpeedway

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours