Geoff Baker on the King Kameamea thread

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:17 pm

Was that the Geoff Baker? Meaning the MPL Publicist on the thread of the King Kameamea comment? Can't believe that. Dude, i just spent the last four minutes laughing at the vision of King Kameamea booing on the "You Never Give me your money" piano bit and Geoff Baker glaring at him in anger!!

[^] Seeing a guy spend 500 bucks on Paul and then booing him - hell, he might get a beat-down from Abe Labourel Junior and maybe some of the cast from the Sopranos in Atlantic City...I hear James Gandolfini and Edie Falco are big macca fans...

[8D] I wonder if that really is Geoff Baker, though. Could be somebody in London pulling our leg. I doubt that Mr. Baker has the time to read web-sites. I mean Macca is a world-class operation and seeing Geoff Baker's appearance on the World Tonight Video in conversation with Paul - Do you notice how Paul was firm about the limited amount of publicity he wanted for Flaming Pie and how Paul totally controlled the conversation (nice n easy and no fuss) and then immediately ended the conversation (Goodbye, Geoffrey)...

I still think it's funny that King Kameamea is gonna be at AC - I'd like to see that
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:17 pm

Was that the Geoff Baker? Meaning the MPL Publicist on the thread of the King Kameamea comment? Can't believe that. Dude, i just spent the last four minutes laughing at the vision of King Kameamea booing on the "You Never Give me your money" piano bit and Geoff Baker glaring at him in anger!!

[^] Seeing a guy spend 500 bucks on Paul and then booing him - hell, he might get a beat-down from Abe Labourel Junior and maybe some of the cast from the Sopranos in Atlantic City...I hear James Gandolfini and Edie Falco are big macca fans...

[8D] I wonder if that really is Geoff Baker, though. Could be somebody in London pulling our leg. I doubt that Mr. Baker has the time to read web-sites. I mean Macca is a world-class operation and seeing Geoff Baker's appearance on the World Tonight Video in conversation with Paul - Do you notice how Paul was firm about the limited amount of publicity he wanted for Flaming Pie and how Paul totally controlled the conversation (nice n easy and no fuss) and then immediately ended the conversation (Goodbye, Geoffrey)...

I still think it's funny that King Kameamea is gonna be at AC - I'd like to see that
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:46 pm

According to the forum admin, I think it WAS GB, and that he looks in from time to time. I think he said that in Macca Chat one night. help me out here, Ram.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:48 pm

And, by the way, the person in question says his mother in law was an AC high roller got him comps. I'd like to sick Paulie Walnuts on him.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:48 pm

I'm almost positive it was really GB. I think Admin has had personal contact with him here and there.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:07 am

King only acts out and tries to cause lots of trouble because he is a child. He only wants attention.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:28 am

On the Geoff Baker ftonr, I have been wondering the same thing myself - since last night, when I dusted off my vid of Paul at the Cavern 3 years ago. I noticed the name there, and an alarm bell went off in my head.

Either way, that was a quality show!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:29 am

I just thought GB was one of you guys, pulling our leg. Everyone can make an account by the name of Geoff Baker, you don;t even have to be from London for that.

The dutch Macca fanclub always call GB "Paul's professional liar". He brings rumours into the world that just aren't even rumours yet. Didn't he say there was going to be an entirely new Beatles' single coming out, discovered from the 1968 Yellow Submarine sessions? Later it became a special outtake version of Hey Bulldog, and eventually it was just the polished up version. Lot of publicity for nothing. Well, I guess that's what he's being paid for to do.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:31 am

Well, I don't know. I just recognised the name. And the fact that "our" GB only made about one post, not really a regular member . . . who knows?
Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:33 am

Don't forget - Geoff is the same guy who sort of misled the press following Linda's tragic death by saying she died in Cali when it was Arizona. Don't know about that - you know in this country if you're in the press relation - purposely misleading people is just not being professional. Macca and Geoff took a lot of heat on that one. I don't think you should lie and mislead the press but maybe Geoff wasn't given all the facts. Still, i wouldn't get on TV and mislead people - that's sort of Nixonian policy.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours