New Set List

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:34 pm

Ram-You make some good points. i think we all are forgetting that Paul is damn near a perfectionist, and he is not going to do something that he feels A) His band has not rehearsed very well (he rehearsed MUCH more before the 1st leg--they only have to learn 3 new ones this time), and B) Some songs that he may not feel comfortable doing anymore, for whatever reason (age, worries about how it will sound live, ect). I think he worries about having too many vocal shredding songs on the set list, especially since he's compressed things a bit date-wise on this leg. I think he also probably can only introduce so many "first-time ever live performance songs" due to some of the above possibililties. He's older now--I would agree with you back in 1993. I think he likes being comfortable, and I've seen him be uncomfortable enough (Band Aid, CFNYC on the new stuff) to know that he will stay away from that possibility every time. And as far as PJ picking out the songs, that would be fine if Paul and his band had been together for 10 years. As for yesterday, mand..I get chills everytime i hear it live--probably means more to the older folks who remember when it came out. I totally understand about what you are saying about the song. My son feels the same way--he doesn't really have the emotional attachment to the song that i have. This is not to say that I'm wiser than him or you.....just that it might mean more to me. So I love hearing it. But it's cool--we can agree to disagree on this one. And to quote NITO...PEACE!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:41 pm

I agree with you, Steve. I was being an ass. Sorry.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:58 pm

I don't think he needs to do Yesterday. It's a nice song and it moves a lot of people and it should be instantly retired. I believe the same thing applies to "Let it Be" and "Long and Winding Road". Those songs have been played on the past few tours.

But, i still say let's do this: Appreciate and revere Macca touring while he is in good health and spirit. Go see him if you can because there are no guarantees in this life.

GO MACCA
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
I agree with you, Steve. I was being an ass. Sorry.
Ram--it's ok to disagree, man. You weren't being as ass at all. You presented your point with class, as did Chris. (I disagree on that one (yesterday CS), but I'm tired as heck of LIB, so I could do without that one. See..there are folks like Liam who would just DIE if LIB wasn't played for them since he has never seen him live. I would take out Cant Buy Me Love, because I dont think he does it well anymore....same with All My Loving...but again..I saw many 60+ year olds just jump out of their seats when those two came on...so there's always someone to upset. I have an idea. Why dont we lobby for a Macca-Central ONLY concert with Paul at a central site. And we can get our way!! LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:08 pm

quote:Why dont we lobby for a Macca-Central ONLY concert with Paul at a central site. And we can get our way!! LOL

GREAT idea, Steve! Let's see if Mike can pull a few strings. LOL[:D]
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:10 pm

man--I'd craw 200 miles on my knees to get a shot at that. or was i talking of 3D movies....I'm not sure now..LMAO!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:13 pm

LOL. I'd crawl 200 miles for BOTH, man!! LOL
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:16 pm

Just to reiterate, by the way, it was not my intention to bash Macca. I wouldn't have over 3,000 posts if I wasn't in love with the guy. I guess I just had an ornery fan moment. Agree with you, Chris. I'm just OVERJOYED and GRATEFUL that Paul is still in great health and embarked on this tour. I will NEVER forget my show in April. My only hope is that Paul still has some MORE tours left in him.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:23 pm

I would tend to agree about Yesterday. I like it, but it was never a huge favorite with me. I think Paul must feel like he HAS to do it. I know he is infinitely proud of it and wants the cowriting switched about. And his little joke about being wheeled out when he's 90 and singing Yesterday is cute.
I'd love to hear some Ram and Flaming Pie tracks instead.
But, as Steve pointed out, it is a monkey on his back.
I know he tries to please everyone and you can't and this is still the Driving USA Tour, which is cool by me.
Best concerts I ever saw last May.
All my dreams came true.
So, I'll be there- singing, stomping and dancing and having the best night of my life.
Bless you, Paul. Thank you for this tour.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Thomas » Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:16 pm

The set list sounds good to me. Allthough Paul could skip let 'em in fore The lovers that never where, this one, rock show or something from Back to the egg. She's leaving home is a great song. I'm curious to the live performance of that one (I'm listening to it as I"m typing this)

For now, Sir Paul, please announce the european/dutch dates so I can get in line to purchase the tickets.
Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours