New Set List

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:49 pm

"That would be something... really would be something!"
constv

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by constv
"That would be something... really would be something!"

oops! that was a response to the suggestion about a MACCA-CENTRAL concert on page 1! :)
constv

Postby maccafan » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:48 pm

I saw the first leg in Atlanta and it was totally awesome!! As far as the set list goes, I wish he would change the whole thing!! The first leg was great but Paul should have come back with a complete new show!!
I may be alone in this but I want to hear more post Beatles McCartney, She's Leaving Home doesn't excite me at all, Oh Darling, Helter Skelter, or I've Got A Feeling would have been much better choices!! He doesn't even have to do a completely different show just add more changes!! I wish he had added these songs
Smile Away
The Mess
Cafe On The Left Bank
About You
What It Is
Big Barn Bed
Stranglehold
Girlschool
Juniors Farm
Sure the masses of people may not be familiar with these songs, but after Paul finished rocking their brains out, believe me they wouldn't care!! Paul should have changed more songs!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:14 pm

I agree with Juniors Farm. Oh Darling and She's a Woman would be cool too. I've always loved the Beatles version of Long tall Sally. It would be so cool if Paul could do that one now, but I think it is too much for his voice.
For me, he can drop We can work it out, My love and Michelle, great songs but I've heard them maybe a little bit too often. These are the songs I would love to see live

Band on the Run
Get out of my way
Juniors farm
Rock show
Yesterday
Bathroom window
All shook up
This one
Getting closer
Hey Jude
All my loving
Oh Darling
You never give me your mondey
Honey pie
live and let die
I saw het standing there
I'm down
Long Tall sally
Penny Lane
Lady Madonna
Little lamb dragonfly
1985 (I've bought BOTR two days ago. That was the firts time I heard 1985, it's great)
Helter Skelter
Listen to what the man said
The lovers that never where
Maybe I'm amazed
Helen wheels
Got to get you into my life
Ballroom dancing
Souvenir
Get Back
Back in the USSR
Can't buy me love
I will
I'll be back
Rocky Rackoon
Once upon a long ago
Here today
Loneley Road
Driving Rain
and Rinse the raindrops

So Paul, if you're coming over here. these are the songs you have to play
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:15 pm

Agree with you all the way, Maccafan. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen. But then again, like others have said, there are people seeing McCartney for the first time, (like I did in April), who want to see the man play the classics in person. I mean, as much as I ranted about wanting Paul to do different songs, man, I was STOKED hearing songs like Hey Jude and Hello Goodbye for the first time in person. I mean, here is the guy I've practically idolized my entire life, and I'm in the same building as him, performing the songs that have become a part of my life. Unbelievable. I still think about that show constantly, and tomorrow will mark 5 months.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:34 pm

I agree with you ram - being in the same building as Macca -someone i idolized my whole life. That was a thrill. A high that lasted for a while. It was a high that i haven't experienced since i smoked that Thai-stick back a dozen years ago at the Dead concert. It was a high that only Sly Stone could top himself - "I WANT TO TAKE YA HIGHER"
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours