set list Back in the USA

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

set list Back in the USA

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:19 am

I presume that those lucky fella's who'll go to the show tomorrow wil post the setlist here on sunday so we'll all know what we (the long waiting europeans and the rest of the world) are missing.
We're still waiting for an anouncement for the European legg of the tour. Paul come on! get over here!
Thomas

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:06 pm

If that set list isn't posted tomorrow, i'll be disappointed. In fact, if that set list isn't posted, one wonders if Mike is still alive. You know? i better hear that our boy Mike had some sort of one night sexual encounter with J-Lo or Pamela Anderson and that's why there's no set list or tour report. [^]If that set list isn't posted, i think the Candian police should be called cause our boy mike is probably tied up with J-LO or straight up dead from natural causes (A - la John Enthwistle) until the coroner's report is released six weeks later finding cocaine, hashish, and a picture of Mike with six Canadian bimbos and a Christopher Farley big-as$ smile on his face before the heart attack in front of the strippers, coke. [8D].

We be countin' on ya , Mike
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:17 pm

quote:We be countin' on ya , Mike
yes we are. i cant wait to see what the set list is, i really hope he will do venus and mars/rockshow[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:23 pm

I wish he would do Venus N mArs and Rock show. I sort of doubt that he can hit the notes on that one.[:(] I wish he would - i remember him having trouble with it when he was my age in 1976[:)]

McCartney is as old now 60 as Lyndon Johnson was when he left the Presidency. Think about that!! He's as old now as FDR was when the Japanese invaded Pearl Harbor (FDR died at 63)...Goddamn, Ringo is 63 next July!!

My god - it's amazing that these rock icons are getting older and in some cases better [^] I just don't want to hear Mccartney say "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"..
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:34 pm

And Chris, you become more and more of a jackass everyday! Think about that!! Just kidding, man. (Sorta. [:D])

But yeah, man. I have the UTMOST respect for people like Paul who get better with age with no signs of slowing down. Amazing.
Ram1

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:02 pm

Chris you are heading down a path leading your expellation from this forum. Your posts are getting more cynical yet you claim to be a fan.

No need to be getting as nasty as you are, not only in this but very many of late. You do have much to contribute when you off the cynical binge you seem to be in these days.

Consider this a warning.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:41 am

Gee, i guess saying that Macca is as old 60 as Lyndon Johnson was when he left the Presidency (true statement) and then saying that it's amazing that he still rocks and that he gets better with age is being pretty cynical?? [;)] ??? That's not cynical - i think that's pretty great...!! But, whatever ! [:o)] It seems the truth to me

[;)] Point is these old rock n rollers are now older than many of our political icons and they still can kick butt. If that causes hang-ups, it's merely reality as Lennon would say.

McCartney is as old as FDR was when the Japanese invaded pearl harbor and that to me is amazing. Amazing how generation gaps between political figures and rock stars has lessened. It wasn't until Clinton and Blair that people Macca's own age and younger started ruining the countries (now, it's debatable whether or not it's a good thing considering both their spotty records). They are taking bets in London that "When i'm 64" will be released as a single (true it was in the paper) and will be number one sometimes in 2006!

Just remember - there's a fine line between saracasm, reality, humour, preaching, and offending..[;)]

Whatever - it's your ball and your forum, dude!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:11 am

Chris, I'm sure the fans going to the first show in Milwaukee will post on Paul's forum as soon as they can. I noticed several are driving quite far, but there are bound to be a couple who might post late Sat. night, so tune into Paul's board and find out the set list for yourself.
That's what I'm gonna do.
I've only gotta wait 5 more weeks for my turn.
And, we wanna hear some good positive feedback on that set list too.
Okay?
Paul will not play every song that you or I or whoever want to hear, but I'm sure that we can find lots of our special faves on the list.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:27 am

[:D][^] Can't wait for the set-list. Looking forward to it.

He'll probably change again once he goes to Europe
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:00 am

One clue on what he may do is the name of the tour is called "Back in the USA" and not Driving rain. With that said, i think he does only one number instead of three from Driving rain and perhaps with Wingspan book approaching - he may seek to promote more of Wings agenda. If he's gonna do one song from Driving Rain, i think he goes with "Eternal flame" - If he plays it safe, he does that. If he doesn't, he may do Rinse the raindrops but he may as well do Soily if his voice can take it night after night.

The acoustic set should change.

He may end with Hey Jude instead of Abbey Road medley.

I'd like to see surprises - I heard Let "em in during the summer of 1990 and that was a slight change from '89.

Day-time night-time suffering is a distinct possibility but only if he has a female vocalist (perhaps Yoko in Hartford, ct stop)
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours