McCartney-Wilson Concert

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:05 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Alright alright, folks. Go easy on Big Bri'. The dude's been through a lot and his mind is f'ed up. He's no less a genius than he was before.
True. I heard a clip today on the radio in the car on the way to Toledo. Paul sounded pretty darn good. I heard Brian do the high backup parts (I think) and it sounded good as well. BW didnt sound as good on the lower part. Of course, they only had a 15 second clip, so it was hard to tell.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:51 am

Haven't heard the recording, but, with all due respect, there is no way in hell poor Brian still can sing!!! I love the guy, but, really, it hurts me to hear him sing these days.
constv

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:06 am

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, Cons. It's rather sad. Used to be the best singer in rock music, in my opinion. But he's definitely lost his voice.
Ram1

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:21 am

Yeah, he was good, but never my favorite....Not the best, dude, not the best. He has never had a wide range. It worked for ballads. The only guy I know who could literally explode on songs like "Long Tall Sally", or "Hippie Hippie Shake", and then do beautiful ballads is you know who. ;)
constv

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:51 am

Maybe not THE best, but Brian Wilson's up there, man. (At least he was in the 60's.) There are moments during Pet Sounds, in particular, where Bri's voice just gives me the chills. Beautiful.
Ram1

Postby megs » Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:13 pm

he has a good voice but i dont really like his music though b/c u cant play it load like u can with led zep. or someone like them[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:30 pm

Oh megs...put on Pet Sounds and crank it. See how much stuff you can hear...amazing. It's in my top 5 albums of all time.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:38 am

I love Pet Sounds.
Recently I bought Brian Wilson Live at the roxy (2cd) from 2000 or something like that. It's a terrific live album. He rocks, sings beautifull ballads and his band is outstanding (as you could see on the party at the palace) I also have the dvd "a tribute to Brian Wilson" with the same band and Brian performing at the end that one is pretty good too. Elton John does an outstanding performance of God only Knows. George Martin announces Good Vibrations and Paul says something nice about Brian as well (although he is not present and does not perform there.

Is there any news about the McCartney/Wilson show being released on dvd?
Thomas

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours