Songs Paul feels we need to hear

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:16 pm

Exactly, Liam. He has no choice, really.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:34 pm

its too bad though that he has no choice cus i woul like to hear sum unknown solo stuff like magneno and titanium man or something like that[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:37 pm

Hey..I'd love for him to be out there for 4 hours, but THAT's not gonna happen. And I just read that he originally was planning a 90 min show this year, but came to the conclusion that he needed to at least TRY and have something for everyone. I'm just happy he's back!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:32 am

At the very end of the NY show in April, I shuffled myself close to the stage, and I remember how I literally froze watching him sing Yesterday. I was thinking: this is one of the most brilliant personalities in history, somebody who has made such a positive impact on millions of lives, including mine, singing one of the most beautiful songs ever written, his trademark, and it's all happenning just a few feet away from me... I cherished every second of the song, and I'll never forget that moment for as long as I live. And I sure wouldn't want to miss it, Chris. I do think that Yesterday is a must, really... From your list, I could do without Live and Let Die, but I think that Paul himself is really proud of that big explosion they do during the song... Remember how he talks about it in the 89-90 tour interviews?
constv

Postby constv » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:41 am

I also absolutely agree with Liam. Most people only know the Beatles stuff and the hit singles, so he has to please the average crowd, not just "us" :) Also, I am sure, the show promoters put some "pressure" to target the average joe kind of crowd...
constv

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:36 am

quote:Originally posted by constv
I also absolutely agree with Liam. Most people only know the Beatles stuff and the hit singles, so he has to please the average crowd, not just "us" :) Also, I am sure, the show promoters put some "pressure" to target the average joe kind of crowd...

Thanks, Constv - and welcome back! Long time, no see!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours