Band intros

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Band intros

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:05 pm

Ram,
You have heard the DC Soundboard as much as i have. I have to laugh a little every-time one of the band guys introduces himself to the crowd. Man, they say the same things every night (I have the Oakland show, too). I get a kick out of hearing Abe's comments (Are u ready to Rock...and now..Mr. Paul McCartney) or Rusty - (He was wicked nervous) or the other Guitar player. Funny stuff - I wonder why Paul didn't just bag the idea when Rusty and other dude were so stiff and nervous.

I really dug Wix's intros because he wasn't as stiff and wooden.

Regardless of how bad their mike skills with the crowd were, that band rocked!! Just funny to listen to their public speaking
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Band intros

Postby Chris Speers » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:05 pm

Ram,
You have heard the DC Soundboard as much as i have. I have to laugh a little every-time one of the band guys introduces himself to the crowd. Man, they say the same things every night (I have the Oakland show, too). I get a kick out of hearing Abe's comments (Are u ready to Rock...and now..Mr. Paul McCartney) or Rusty - (He was wicked nervous) or the other Guitar player. Funny stuff - I wonder why Paul didn't just bag the idea when Rusty and other dude were so stiff and nervous.

I really dug Wix's intros because he wasn't as stiff and wooden.

Regardless of how bad their mike skills with the crowd were, that band rocked!! Just funny to listen to their public speaking
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:12 pm

HAHA, yeah Chris. I know what you mean. Abe's and Wix's comments were the best. I have the Toronto show as well. Abe is hilarious, ("Helloooooooooo Torontoooooooooo!!") LOL. You just have to hear it. That guys a trip. I still say there's NO WAY Abe is veggie. LOL
Ram1

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:12 pm

I'm really surprised Paul got them to tour as they are all studio musicians. To be vaulted to this must be exhilerating to get the opportunity to tour in high style with, well, Paul McCartney.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:14 pm

Da, me caveman, forgot my brain in my road case. I'm a really on stage with a Beatle playing drums on songs Ringo used to do ?
Mike

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours