How is Paul's voice in this new tour???

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berle » Sun May 12, 2002 8:11 pm

I wondering about Maybe I'm Amazed..the last 2 tours he didn't even come close...good to hear he's getting it done this time. Maybe he's taking voice lessons? I heard Sinatra once say he was having problems too, and had some lessons from Placido Domingo...taught him to sing from his diaphram, instead of his throat...something he'd never done before..maybe Paul did the same?
Berle

Postby DrRobert » Mon May 13, 2002 5:48 pm

Paul's voice is amazing on this tour. He hits all the notes, with ease; the new songs sound better live than they do on the album, both the band and Paul himself singing.

Edited by - DrRobert on 05/15/2002 02:04:38
DrRobert

Postby capstone » Tue May 14, 2002 9:10 pm

I agree with Dr. Robert. I heard him last night in Atlanta, and virtually all the songs sounded better than they do on his albums. His voice is SO expressive.

I think he was smart in the way he went back and forth between ballads and rockers as a way of saving his voice.
capstone

Postby dakota » Sat May 25, 2002 10:34 pm

Pauls voice sounds superb on this tour. I saw him in L.A. in '89. I saw 4 of the 5 shows he did and his voice was strained, Probably due to not being on the road singing night after night for 10yrs.
dakota

Postby Steve-o » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:00 pm

It was superb in Cleve on 4/29. My only fear this time is that he has some of the shows bunched closer together, which could cause some straining. I am seeing him in Columbus on 10/10, one night after he plays St. Louis.

You can't imagine just what I've been going through....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours