Columbus, OH concert date set

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:15 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Well, Thanks, Liam, for clearing that up. Do u know BOTR1?[:D]

Not outside this forum. Again, I recommend you look into:

http://www.yes-minister.com

And check out the episode synopses. At the end of each one, you'll find quotes from the episodes, and there are numerous quotes from Sir Humphrey that say one tiny thing in a very round-the-houses manner!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:19 am

Again, I'll just take your word for it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:20 am

OK. Fair-dos to 'ya then. I may put a few YM quotes in my posts some time, then, like I'm doing with OHG at the mo.
Liam OSM

Postby Aujouret » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:58 pm

If someone said that the Beatles were not the most outstanding brilliant musicians the universe has ever know, I would have to agree.
I have heard better. Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix, for examples, are two "better" musicians. I am sure we can come up with others too. But what does it matter? They are not The Beatles. I do not think that you can divorce musical ability and "feel".
Those two are inseparable in my opinion. Paul is widely regarded as an excellent bass player. It is his outstanding ability to write melodic tunes that washes over into his bass playing.
I have read interviews with George about musical notes and phrases that George came up with in the Beatles songs. Obviously George was very proud of those things too, as well he should be. George was very
open to eastern music and the beautiful sitar phrases in the Beatles music is entirely George's work.
Also, when John heard the police siren passing his house in Weybridge and those two notes got stuck in his head. Those two notes became the basic sound of I am The Walrus.
I saw a very brief interview on Access Hollywood a few nights ago with Paul's new band. I am sure that they would not presume to say that they are better musicians than the Beatles. After all, in the long run, they are only copying The Beatles anyway.
Just like the Fab Four, Rain or Apple or any of The Beatles sound alike bands. All of which are lots of fun, but as John said: "We are the originals."
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:39 pm

quote:Scord...I was in the entryway as well, trying to look my my kids who were driving in seperately. I wonder if we were in the same lobby..there are like 3 there. I heard the sound check as well, and I've never heard so many gaps in the songs before--they were definately having to make some last minute adjustments.

I was in the one nearest to the bridge that goes over the driveway. right by paul's semi trucks. We were probably right near each other.
That sound check did take forever. People were getting very antsy.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:41 pm

quote:Oh ok. Yes, I am familiar with Will Young. We had the Americanized version (American Idol) just recently. Will Young performed on the final show. I have to say, I was not very impressed at all. Quite frankly, I didn't think he had a very strong voice.

I saw him on the last episode. He was a dork. They must have not had much to choose from.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:07 pm

OMG, Scrod. I was in the same lobby...near the middle door, about a third of the way up. I was busy looking for my kids who were arriving seperately with their Wife and boyfriend. We probably WERE right next to each other. I was kind of waiting to see if i could see you when we got inside. Damn....I never really thought about it in the lobby. I thought that would be too much of a coincidence, LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:18 pm

hmm that sucks[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:18 pm

Although I'm majorly claustrophobic, i was OK standing in there since it wasnt a mad rush. I had my glasses on and binocs around my neck. And since I was concentrating on trying to see my kids coming, I really didnt pay much attention to those around me. Damn--I should have....I do remember seeing a glimpse of a young girl close by with a customized Driving Rain long tee shirt or something, but she was with a kinda tall guy in a hat. I really didnt think about it..was that Lady madonna? Crap!!! I'm only like 5'7", so I probably was NOT sticking out in the crowd a whole lot....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:46 am

quote: OMG, Scrod. I was in the same lobby...near the middle door, about a third of the way up.

OMG, thats right where I was!!!!!!!

quote:I do remember seeing a glimpse of a young girl close by with a customized Driving Rain long tee shirt or something, but she was with a kinda tall guy in a hat.

LOL, OMG, me and the girls had long sleeve shirts that said "driving rain tour 2002" on the back. WE each had a diffrent color. that was probably my hubby, he is kinda tall and doen't go anywhere with out a hat. that is so crazy. I was looking around the lobby too. unbelievable.

scrod turns a quarter century old today [:(]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours