Columbus, OH concert date set

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:01 pm

how old r ur nieces[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:15 pm

That's awesome, Scrodly. I'm so glad a great time was had by all. Seriously.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:45 pm

Thanks Ram.[;)]

quote:how old r ur nieces

They are ten and thirteen. There was a kid in front of us who was about 4 years old and this was his second macca concert. lucky kid.

Also we happened to get into the entryway ofthe arena during sound check and they were doing "honey hush" "driving rain" and "my love".
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
Also we happened to get into the entryway ofthe arena during sound check and they were doing "honey hush" "driving rain" and "my love".
Scord...I was in the entryway as well, trying to look my my kids who were driving in seperately. I wonder if we were in the same lobby..there are like 3 there. I heard the sound check as well, and I've never heard so many gaps in the songs before--they were definately having to make some last minute adjustments.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:48 pm

Oh yeah..and that was so cool about the thumbs up. YES!!!!!
We got a wave from about 10 feet away in Cleveland in 1990--I'll never forget it.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:50 am

[quote]Originally posted by stevew628

Musically, in my opinion, AS PLAYERS (and I never saw the BEatles live, but Ive seen film), this band is better than the Beatles.

No. I won't throw arrows either. Certainly this band is excellent.
Certainly we can probably all name better musicians than ANY of the Beatles.
BUT (and this is a big BUT) any of those other excellent musicians were not as talented songwriters, nor do they have the "feel" that J, P, G or R have. George Martin has often commented that they each were instinctively brilliant musically.
Paul has talked about John strumming "rather earnestly on the C chord" in Tommorrow Never Knows. Certainly any excellent musician can play better than that, but that same artist could never write Tomorrow Never Knows or the bizarre intricate rhythum and meter patterns in Happiness Is A Warm Gun. Or the beautiful haunting slide guitar work by George. Phil Collins complimented Ringo's excellent drumming in A Day In The Life.
Yeah, I like this new band of Pauls' very much.
But, give me those Beatles any day.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:54 am

Auj--I was afraid someone might misread the post. Not sure if you did, but here is what I meant....As MUSICIANS they are better...no question. As for songwriting and the intangibles of course The Beatles are the best ever.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:06 am

Steve - I have no reason to find any inclination to believe that Aujouret misunderstood the contents of your manual discourse on the concert to which you were a party the other night. I happen to be of the opinion that she understood with total clarity the point you were attempting to convey to those of us reading this, and that her opinion of the musical prowess of the assembled performers at said concert is equal and equivalent to the opinion held by your good self.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:11 am

Well, Thanks, Liam, for clearing that up. Do u know BOTR1?[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:13 am

That's what I said. You and Auj agreed on that fact, about their performing qualities.
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours