Columbus, OH concert date set

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:01 am

He signed a copy of Abeey Road, THEN something that looked like WIngspan, THEN an OLD copy of Ram before leaving the stage....he was very generous...After reading the stuff in the program by the band memebers, it's VERY clear that for the first time in decades, Paul feels like he's in a band...not a knock against Linda, but there's a comraderie there NOW that didnt exist since the Beatles. It would be hard to have a spouse in the band--you probably couldnt hang much with them, and rightfully so. I think he is spending more time with the band now than ever before, alone, with them before and after the show. If Heather is there, I think she probably knows her place, and let's Paul be a guy in a band again. I gotta get you some of that info, Rammie!! It's too hard to desribe the feeling I have right here.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:11 am

By the way....I Saw Her STanding There was so good musically and freaking LOUD and clear and crisp that I'll never forget it. ANd it's not my fave by any stretch. It just sounded so very good.

Rusty and Brian were so much more together, that I was shocked. I still am. I hope this band stays together for a while. I would love to hear a studio album with both guys playing guitar. Brain has a great sense for the rythym parts and even took a few stabs at the lead last night and was about 10000 times btter than Hamish ever thought of being. And his singing--geez...I'm driving to New Orleans RIGHT NOW!!! LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:29 am

quote:He signed a copy of Abeey Road, THEN something that looked like WIngspan, THEN an OLD copy of Ram before leaving the stage....he was very generous...

Ohhhhh...SIGNED. Man, I need to get my vision checked!! I thought you said "Singing." I was like "What???? Paul sang a song from RAM???" LOL. But nevertheless, that is VERY cool, man.

That's great news about the tightness and comraderie of the band, man!! I agree, I hope these guys stay together for a VERY long time. This band rocks harder than ANY previous Macca solo band, that's for sure.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:55 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
This band rocks harder than ANY previous Macca solo band, that's for sure.

Well...I'm going to say it, and get pummeled, but what the heck. I've hinted at it before. I'm gonna say it.

Musically, in my opinion, AS PLAYERS (and I never saw the BEatles live, but Ive seen film), this band is better than the Beatles.

AS MUSICIANS!!! Rusty is a better guitarist than George. Abe is a better drummer than Ringo and Brian is a better guitarist than Lennon. Im NOT saying this is a better band than the Beatles. There is more to it than playing your instrument, obviously. I'm justyaing that these guys are the best musicians macca has ever played with EVER. I can feel the arrows coming....LOL Just an opinion, folks.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:06 am

No arrows here, Steve. I completely agree with you.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:08 am

I can well believe it. If Lennon & McCartney didn't have that songwriting magic, The Beatles would just have been an ordinary band, plain and simple. A band is only as good as its songs.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:27 am

Right, Liam. Exactly. J&P were the best songwriting team of all time. But that doesn't mean that Hendrix (or even Rusty Anderson) couldn't blow them away with guitar playing. Conversely, I'm sure Rusty and Brian probably couldn't hold a candle to J&P in terms of songwriting ability.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:29 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Right, Liam. Exactly. J&P were the best songwriting team of all time. But that doesn't mean that Hendrix (or even Rusty Anderson) couldn't blow them away with guitar playing. Conversely, I'm sure Rusty and Brian probably couldn't hold a candle to J&P in terms of songwriting ability.

Quite. There's no doubt that there are/were better performing acts than The Beatles - I just feel that the writing is the most important aspect of it. That's why I hold Paul McCartney so high in my estimations as a musician, 'cos of his songwriting abilities.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:31 am

I have to say as studio musicians, the Beatles were extremely good. GM got a huge amt of awesome work out of them and theit talent level. Great songs done poorly is not a good thing either.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:33 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I have to say as studio musicians, the Beatles were extremely good. GM got a huge amt of awesome work out of them and theit talent level. Great songs done poorly is not a good thing either.

I know that - you haven't heard the cover of The Long & Winding Road that's currently languishing at the top of the charts. I turned in my grave when I heard it! And I'm not even dead!
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours