Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca's New "Out There" Tour

Postby lobbybobby » Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks h,

You are right, I will never forget that night. It makes we want to liquidate, sell everything and follow him around the U.S.

oh well. cooler heads prevail.
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu May 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey,

I live in Maryland and in 1989-90 I went to 6 of his concerts, here, there and a few other places. I even went to, for lack of a better explanation, crowd scene filming. I never saw myself on film but I didn't have to pay anything. No live singing. Some glitches in the tape and that was funny but what stuck with me was the "jamming" between takes. No singing, just music and it was MORE THAN I COULD EVER HOPE. The group was TIGHT. Paul was cracking jokes about the slow and fast tapes. Linda was very friendly and outgoing and a good time was had by all. That was Foxboro Stadium.

I saw him again in 1993 and another time after that and the last time was here in 2002 in good ole DC. I may forget a lot of things and I may even forget the songs he sang but I will NEVER,EVER forget the experience of seeing Paul in concert. I even saw him in 1976 and tickets were $8.50 but "festival seating" only. But I will never forget it either.

Most I've said in a long time. HAHAHA!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccafan » Sat May 25, 2013 12:07 am

Eggman1979, you misunderstood me, I wasn't saying I want McCartney to perform all rockers, I was saying that those songs I posted are much better than lame songs like Mr. Kite.

I absolutely love when McCartney performs his ballads, that's one of my fave parts of his show, but why not perform much better ballads like...

No More Lonely Nights
One Of These Days
Somebody Who Cares
Arrow Thru Me
This Never Happened Before
Thru Our Love
etc.

Any of these are way way better than Mr. Kite, Mother and All Together Now?
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat May 25, 2013 6:20 pm

alot of us 'macca' fans have been saying such as that for years, MF...

too bad the dude just has to cater to those pesky beatle fans, huh :wink:

you know they'd all whine and cry...and talk about vegasy this and schmaltzery that...punks !!

i say he needs to announce 'the allpaul' tour and let them stay at home and watch the grass grow :ymapplause:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat May 25, 2013 7:21 pm

H,

HEAR, HEAR! Or is it HEAR, HEAR. Or HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE. Whatever it is, you said a mouthful and I agree 100%.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby ringo7165 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:09 am

here's an idea:

what if he did a WINGS ONLY BILL TOUR ( annonced as such)...meaning PAUL McCartney and Wings

and he'd never do it cos he's a 'scardey pants' ( Mr H atom)

he could really do well...(you guys can do the set list....)

Boy it would sell out (2013)......and "mr Scaredy Pants" could play Rigby and yesteraday as encores..for good measure

just advertise it as WINGS

...he is so worried about legacy etc...and has no idea that the LEGACY is vital with post 70

use beatles as a backdrop Paul....Getting Closer can resonalte more than you give yourself credit

In the meantime, dump "let me roll it", "lady madonna", 'Paperback Writer", in favor of..... go cats go? !! what do ya'll think ?

Mr H atom...let's add " Mr H Atom, One of thes days... and Temporary"....

It's billed as A Wings/ Mccartney Tour.. the Beatles were great as well...but the masses would show for a show of MACCA 70-2010

I want more and all of the top 40 stuff post 70 ....we all stand together

I don't care how you market it. how about " McCartney 1970-2010 ; The Solo Years"
ringo7165

Postby lobbybobby » Sun May 26, 2013 9:59 am

Ringo I respectfully disagree.

The MASSES would not go. Hardcore fans like people on this sight and various others would show up, but that's about it.
There is no way he would sell out the arenas he's playing now with solo/wings stuff. When he plays solo stuff now, everybody runs to the bathroom, or goes on a beer run.

If Macca was seriously interested in doing something like that, it would have to be in big cities at small intimate venues. I don't know where the money is in that concept, and after all it's all about the $$$$$$$$.
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun May 26, 2013 10:09 pm

i just happened to post a similar thought on the 'discussion' page under friend eddie v's 'best set list' posting...just yesterday...including a few ideas about that venue and a complete set list

BEAT YA TO IT, RINGO !!

i have no problem with smaller venues...if it meant a better, less repetative program...i'd be all for it
but, then again...i've been saying all that for years...

right chris :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby lobbybobby » Sun May 26, 2013 10:48 pm

He played Big Barn Bed during soundcheck in Memphis tonight.

Now that would be something in concert.
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Lobbybobby, I totally disagree, McCartney is playing more Wings songs right now and no one is going to the bathroom or taking a beer break, in fact what's actually happening is that people are saying how fantastic those songs sound!

This is Paul McCartney we're talking about the masses would show up, they don't want to miss Paul McCartney no matter what he's performing. I think many people sell McCartney's post Beatles music way way short!

He doesn't have to perform in some smaller arena to play some of the best music of his entire career!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours