Mull of Kintyre For Toronto? Both Nights?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Mull of Kintyre For Toronto? Both Nights?

Postby aberdeen78 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 am

Hello,

I think I have come to the right place since I know this website is operated from Canada and I have donated to it at least once. I am a 54 year old fan who has seen Paul over ten times in concert but have yet to hear Mull done live because I have always seen him in the States. Being of Scottish ancestry and having lived in Scotland, this song is huge to me. Guess I was one of the few Americans to buy it in 1977.

I have a ticket for the August 8 show but was looking back at some old issues of Beatlefan and noticed when he did the song in Australia in 1993, he only peformed it on the SECOND night in Sydney I started to think oh him and other artists who have saved little "treats" like Mull for final night crowds and thought..."What if I go all the way to Toronto and miss it because I came on the wrong night!" The August 9 show was added after I purchased my ticket for the 8th. If anyone in Toronto gets wind of which pipe band will acompany him and if it is for one or both nights, please let me know. I see on their website that the Peel Regional Police Pipe band that has played on Mull before in Toronto will be in Scotland that very week. If need be, I can change my travel plans and easily pick up a ticket for the 9th on the ebay. Thanks to all for your help, this means alot.
aberdeen78

Re: Mull of Kintyre For Toronto? Both Nights?

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:00 am

Thats interesting. I've been lucky enough to see Paul many times in Toronto and they've done Mull every time with the Peel Regional Police Pipe band. If what you say is correct, that they will not be in town that week...it's possible there will not be a Mull performance this time around. ~X(
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby aberdeen78 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:16 pm

:-D Not to worry....there are numerous pipe bands in the area, I am sure he can easily recruit another one.
aberdeen78

Postby aberdeen78 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Bumping this back up with an additional question....any good pubs near the Centre where one can get a good, light meal and a beer before the concert???????
aberdeen78

Postby aberdeen78 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Concert a week from now. Any word from up that way on how the show is shaping up with a bagpipe band?
aberdeen78

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 am

I haven't heard anything about a pipe band...but there are a ton of places to eat near the ACC...depending on how close you want to be of course. How about this place?

http://scotlandyard.ca/

The Bottom Line , it's more of a pub-like restaurant and it gets a good crowd from the ACC. There's the Duke of Devon which is in an office building - which is kinda weird but it's OK. The Irish Embassy is a good place, maybe a little longer walk than the rest but still close... Or the Bieremarket. That's a big, popular place. Fionne McCool's is next door to it too.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby aberdeen78 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for the good info. Always good to get the low-down on a place from someone there as you can only tell so much by visiting websites. Come on Sunday night!
aberdeen78

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours