Good Evening Europe: Dublin Dec 20 2009 (reports)

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Good Evening Europe: Dublin Dec 20 2009 (reports)

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: Good Evening Europe: Dublin Dec 20 2009 (reports)

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 am

Paul McCartney Review, the 02, Dublin 20 December 2009
http://www.macca-central.com/news/?3234
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby JimQ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Repost on Mike's orders..
I was only moderately looking forward to tonight's concert in Dublin (Ireland not Montana...)- I've seen him 3 times before, always the same songs, i have what he is going to say and the setlist off by heart, is voice is gone, the tickets were really expensive..... but i decided to go along seeing as he was basically across the street from me and i'd be a lousy fan if i didn't head in - THANK F**** I didn't listen to the little voice in my head!!! An old hell's angel with a tatoo on his nose was in floods of tears at the end and said "that was lifechanging!"...cheesy as that sounds it kinda was. I spent most of the concert handing tissues to two girls either side of me, pretending I was unmoved, it was a serious emotional rollercoaster! There was such an amazing atmosphere from the minute he started. His voice was flawless (....i'm a serious critic of his croakiness....) and I, over 40 years younger than him, was tired out from watching him bound around the stage! And for the first time ever I could actually clearly hear his bass playing. For Highway he announced "and now a song from Fireman" and loads of people started running out for a drink - and most stopped on the stairs and turned in their tracks when they heard it. A surprise highlight of the night was I want to come home - Its not a song that particularly excited me but after "My Love" it contrasted so well his life as a newlywed in the 70s with him now as a widower. It was really touching and got a huge response from the crowd (who were basically insane...). For "something" Paul jokingly started "leaning on a lamppost" and the audience freakily knew the words and he ended up singing most of it along with them. For My Love he welcomed Henry McCullough to the concert and he was picked out by the spotlights and got a huge round of applause. Paul gave the best rendition of Let It Be ever for which he got a standing ovation - and people didn't really bother sitting down after that! From the first note of Magical Mystery Tour to him getting hit on the shoulder by a teddy bear as he signed autographs at the end it was the most magical 3 hrs since, well when I first saw him. THe worst thing about a Macca concert is always "...is equal to the love you make.." because it really is depressing that its over this could be the last note you'll hear from him live again.... hopefully we'll see him next time as he always promises.

Its amazing - I was mocked the first time i went to see him live in 2002, "he's old, cheesy "Sir thumbs aloft" who wears runners with suits and says things like "lets rock and roll and stomp and stroll all the way to EEEDDDINBURGGHHH....""....I think from his incessant touring of late people are actually seeing how amazing he is, as everyone this time was pi***d off that i managed to get tickets (which impressively sold out in 15 mins)!!

WOW.
JimQ

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:41 pm

orders ?? common it's a request for the benefit of viewers of this site. Did not you see the word please, tis a time to be jolly, not a scrooge :santa

Must have been a great gig JimQ, did you see any HD cameras filming? Were hoping for something more in the future, like some Europe and perhaps some from South America in 2010.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby JimQ » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:10 pm

no, sorry mike, i wasn't trying to be ratty, i was shielding myself from the barrage of "Repost??!!" comments i would get if i didn't add the preamble!! Yes best concert ever, no sign of any HD cameras, one youtube user seems to have some pretty good vids though, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7oz0QhDy_g check out the rest of hers to get an idea of the evening. His voice was amazing in Dublin but seemed to be croaky again in London. I hope he doesn't actually go for this residency he's hinting about, he'll shoot his voice to pieces.
JimQ

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 pm

WOW thanks for the videos. looks like one amazing concert!
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:50 pm

I got the cd and dvd from my daughter for christmas it's f**king amazing I LOVE IT Macca at his best
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:29 pm

I got GENYC as well from my sons, haven't seen it yet. Been playing Beatles Rockband, it is soooo gooooood. Got all 3 albums, Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper and Rubber Soul. I love the fact they have the whole B-side as one continuous song as it was meant to be. Tough getting use to the bass this way.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours