MACCA-Washington DC- A Lack of Promotion?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA-Washington DC- A Lack of Promotion?

Postby Rupert » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 am

It seems there has been little PR for the Washington DC show
Here are my ideas for what its worth….. :-C
Have there been any ticket contests by radio stations outside of the immediate area.
When I went to my first McCartney show in 1993 at New Orleans.
I know my local station in Destin Florida (over 240 miles away from the venue) held a contest each lunch hour for a chance to go into a drawing at the end of the week to win tickets. Plus the station sponsored a “Magical Mystery Bus” to provide transport for non-winners for a slight fee. I know at least a dozen kids from school who, influenced by the radio, decided to make the 4 hour journey on their own.
I hope they Don’t limit the Promotion to just the city don't forget about the sticks.
Rupert

Re: MACCA-Washington DC- A Lack of Promotion?

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Washington is just to pre-occupied with of all things a professor who attempted to play the race card and Obama's unusual defense of said professor. Apparently they are suppose to have a beer together today. Maybe Obama will properly apologize to all the police forces, cuz I think that's what it will take for this stupid thing to go away. At least it's a break from 24/7 Michael Jackson stuff. Hey anyone here the news, the other day the Bank of Canada declared the recession is over in Canada. That might just work, ok kids, let's all say it together, "The recession is over". There, now just have to wait for jobs to come back.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby james1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Mike wrote:Washington is just to pre-occupied with of all things a professor who attempted to play the race card and Obama's unusual defense of said professor. Apparently they are suppose to have a beer together today. Maybe Obama will properly apologize to all the police forces, cuz I think that's what it will take for this stupid thing to go away. At least it's a break from 24/7 Michael Jackson stuff. Hey anyone here the news, the other day the Bank of Canada declared the recession is over in Canada. That might just work, ok kids, let's all say it together, "The recession is over". There, now just have to wait for jobs to come back.

Mike, I think Glenn Beck and Bill O have hacked into your Mac-central account :wink:

Only kidding :-D

But technically, the "recession" is over - recession means a contracting economy. So it's a technical term, as recession is defined as three quarters of negative growth I think. But as we all know a recession over and a recovery beginning are two very different things.

On McCartney, DC does strike me as a bit of a weird place to play
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby drbecky » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:35 pm

The Beatles played the in '66 @ RFK Stadium. I was lucky enough to see them, but it was kinda strange.
drbecky
Supporter
Supporter

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Remember when Mike used to get angry and censor those who disagreed with him politically? Remember when he said that no political speech would be tolerated?

Hypocrite: Pronunciation: \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\ : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:01 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:Remember when Mike used to get angry and censor those who disagreed with him politically? Remember when he said that no political speech would be tolerated?

You are wrong, I did not censor those who disagreed with me, I censored people who used idiotic rants with direct attacks against people in the community. The people who have been here long enough know what went on. Please don't make up things to take a jab at me because you don't agree with my politics.

A response such as your is exactly why political threads don't go well. I made a simple comment on the current news and your response is to take a cheap shot at me personally. Shameful if you ask me. Petty if you ask me. Your childish response will speak for itself.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby james1985 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:02 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:Remember when Mike used to get angry and censor those who disagreed with him politically? Remember when he said that no political speech would be tolerated?

Hypocrite: Pronunciation: \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\ : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

*disclaimer* I was only kidding around. This is Mike's site and he can say what he wants. Since we locked down the political thread (nearly 3 years ago now!!!!) we have discussed political matters in a sensible way on many occasions.

I was only giving Mike a gentle ribbing as we've aired our often differing political views to each other on many occasions over the years.

LLD, I can't back you up on this, I'm afraid.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:16 pm

james1985 wrote:

*disclaimer* I was only kidding around. This is Mike's site and he can say what he wants. Since we locked down the political thread (nearly 3 years ago now!!!!) we have discussed political matters in a sensible way on many occasions.

I was only giving Mike a gentle ribbing as we've aired our often differing political views to each other on many occasions over the years.

ha, no worries... I enjoy going a little further than you just to see if I can provoke a response. It worked.

Peace and love to all :-BD
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 pm

little lamb dragonfly wrote:
james1985 wrote:

ha, no worries... I enjoy going a little further than you just to see if I can provoke a response. It worked.

Peace and love to all :-BD

Sure, call the guy who spends a great deal of his spare time and $$$, insult him, AGAIN. Ya you provoked me, to say the least. Not that I'm your boss or anything like that but if I was your employer, you would be placed on the top off the layoff list. Definitely not proper etiquette to keep a job. Certainly poor taste on any public forum. You clearly did not do it as a joke but as cheap shot, well, you provoked me and I'm flaming back at you. I'm going to bed.
Mike Kovacich
Mike

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:43 am

You seem like an angry guy Mike. Its funny to see how many insults you can get in in just a couple lines. But sadly, since you are not my employer and don't know me, your insults mean absolutely nothing. And whether or not anyone agrees with me at all (and in truth, I don't think most people on this board care at all one way or another), it makes you, as the mediator of these boards, look small. Petty. Childish. And all those other things you called me.

So chill out. \M/
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours