How Many Times Have You Seen Macca? (For Mark)

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: How Many Times Have You Seen Macca? (For Mark)

Postby Orion » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 pm

I cannot imagine ^:)^ seeing Macca as many times as some of you have. In 2002 I attended my only Macca concert in Columbus, OH. I had 9th row floor seats and STOOD in amazement almost the entire evening. I only sat during a few of the piano songs. It was the most incredible concert I have ever seen. This includes seeing Elvis in Cincy in '76 and '77, and Springsteen 8 times. In concert, no one compares to what Paul McCartney is capable of. If I never see him live again, my life is richer for the one night in Columbus, Ohio 7 years ago this fall. :ymapplause:
Orion

Postby chris » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:06 pm

saw the 89 tour twice in an indoor arena. then again in soldier field where he closed the tour (last stop). had 6th row center for that last show. he had dropped MIA from the set list (too hard on his voice) and added let em in in its place. also added birthday mid tour. toured in support of the pretty good flowers album. made a (somewhat) bold statement by opening with a new song (figure of eight) instead of an established one.

once in 93. had to go up to milwaukee to see him (again outdoors) in what WAS milwaukee county stadium. friends of mine snuck me and my wife on the field. ended up being about 50 feet away from the stage. this show was formatted much more like the WOA show (unlike in 89) with a guitar section, piano section, acoustic section and so on...even though the album he was supporting (off the ground) was weaker than the album he supported in 89, this concert had a folksier feel to it. i enjoyed this one much better than in 89.

twice in 02. both were indoor arenas. was the best i'd seen his band be. and was the best his voice sounded too. loved everything about this show. in fact, i had renewed faith that he could surprise me. acoustic you never give me your money. and the something/here today tributes made me cry like a little child.

once in 05, again indoors. sat in the nosebleed section, but was cool with it. i'd had opportunities to sit up close before. watched the monitors for most of the show. but it was good. hated the rap/mix opening act though. in fact, seemed to make the older section of the audience uncomfortable.

wouldn't change a thing.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 pm

bonovox66 wrote:[Unfortunately my biggest memory of that show was two drunk guys in front of me fighting over who spilled beer on his mom. I inadvertanly got elbowed in the eye and had a black eye for a couple days afterwards. Oh, and get this, the song they fought during - "Peace in the Neighborhood" :lol:

really, really sorry about that. :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours