Macca Fenway Show Presale Tickets On Sale NOW!!!

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Macca Fenway Show Presale Tickets On Sale NOW!!!

Postby linclink » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:12 am

If you want to go, RUN DON'T WALK TO...http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/ NOW!!! The pre-sale (for American Express card holders & REd Sox season ticket holders) continues until Monday June 29th, when they go on sale to the regular public
The deal is that the pre-sale only goes to folks with with Red Sox season tickets (not likely), or...American Express cards. I know few people have these, but you might know someone with one...like I did \:d/ !! Thanks Barbara ^:)^ , a great ex-girlfriend of mine. For me Fenway Park is the single greatest baseball park in history. If you've got to see him in a stadium, and it seems like right now that's all we've got, then this is the one to go to. And this isn't just because I love the Red Sox \:d/ , & I do. Hey I love the Dodgers, Mets & Yankees too, & only like the Cubs, but my #2 baseball stadium would be Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Fenway is relatively small, seats just under 40,000 in the stands, and thousand of those won't be being sold because they are behind the stage. Most other stadiums seat 60,000 or so. The stage is going to be in deep center field, as it probably is for all of these types of shows, which means it's much farther away from the stands than when The Beatles played Shea on the infield stage. The good news is that that's because there are seats on the field, close to the stage. The bad news...is that Macca tickets are premium, and primo pricey at $205, and with etix charges ($26 per ticket- hey I've paid $26 for the whole ticket before!), that comes to $231 a ticket for the floor. I called etix & spoke with them about the seating & there are roughly maybe 5,000-6,000 or so seats on the field. I'm guessing that they will lose a 3,000-6,000 seats that will be behind the stage, so they'll still have 40,000 plus seats, but the problem is that the closest in the stands tickets are way off the side angle wise, well the best dead center on seats are way back around home plate. I've been in that position before & you just rely on the huge TV monitors, hope for great sound (which is the main thing) & laugh at the suckers down front if it rains :lol: !
There are still some single seats on the field/floor, but no pairs. So get them NOW when you can, if you can. Unless he plays a smaller venue, then this will be about the best place you could imagine seeing him on this tour. And Go Red Sox! Blessings!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Re: Macca Fenway Show Presale Tickets On Sale NOW!!!

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:30 pm

in 1976 i paid 7 dollars to see wings in detroit and on the 1990 tour i think tix were 28. how times have changed.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:42 pm

:shock: yeah I hear ya mark I guess at these prices I won't be seeing Macca live again. sucks really because everthing is going up makes me sick :puker
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby markfeber@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:27 pm

in 2005 i paid 190 and still feel it was worth it because some things are worth the price just for the memories. i even bought tix for 2 friends so they could witness greatness. but pretty sure it was my last trip to see him but there are always dvds.
markfeber@yahoo.com
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby linclink » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:35 pm

markfeber@yahoo.com wrote:in 2005 i paid 190 and still feel it was worth it because some things are worth the price just for the memories. i even bought tix for 2 friends so they could witness greatness. but pretty sure it was my last trip to see him but there are always dvds.

You know I hate paying for tickets I can't really afford either, but.... moreso I couldn't afford not to. Macca is 67 years old, & if you want to see him again, & still see a good quality & decent length show, then I'd suggest you don't wait. Do it now, & see as great an artist as there has ever been & one who puts on a truly great live show too. I'm am absolutely thrilled to be going to Boston & the $231 each for the two tickets I bought is well worth it to me. I'll tell you what if he comes to Toronto, I'd go there to see him again too! And I hope I get the chance to (with the Pipers joining him for "Mull Of Kintyre" too!). Blessings!!
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby herecomesthesun » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:10 am

I can't wait for Fenway. I'll be there on Wed. Aug. 5th! I saw Macca w/ my Dad in Sept. 05 at the TD Banknorth Garden. He didn't want to go this time and I couldn't find anyone else that wanted to go. I plan on having a great time in Boston; I have the day off so I'm going to try and enjoy the day before heading to Fenway. :)
herecomesthesun

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours