Macca do bonnaroo ??

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Macca do bonnaroo ??

Postby mr h atom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

will the leader of 'sirvana' play the manchester, tenn. festival in june of this year ??

news reports say so !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Re: Macca do bonnaroo ??

Postby chris » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm

yeah. I saw that. as well as tom petty and the heartbreakers, and mumford and sons. it sounds like a great bill. but some local musicbeat douche...err...unpleasant fellow...was complaining that the bill needed to get younger...and more relevant. he suggested taylor swift would be much more interesting than macca. sigh...

is it really journalism if you just try and be controversial...I mean...does style ever win out over substance?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:56 am

well...let's face it, big c...most everything that tries to pass for music 'journalism' these days would be better disposed alongside said douche

and, if one knows anything about bonnaroo, you don't get more up-to-date than mumford...so what does that twit know

heck...his daddy probably still thinks paul broke up the beatles and linda sang lead vocals on every wings album (no wonder he can't find 'dancing queen' on any wings records !) and he's held a grudge ever since !

now..if only he'd make an official announcement...one that went like this: paul mccartney to premier entire new album at bonnaroo...all songs in 2 hour set never performed live by paul mccartney...ever !!

...tell me the idea doesn't get ya =P~
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Awesoman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

chris wrote:
is it really journalism if you just try and be controversial...I mean...does style ever win out over substance?

That's been America's unofficial slogan for the past 4 years. :twisted:

But seriously, although Taylor Swift is a lousy choice, it would be nice to have some new meat shake up the music industry. We could sure use some new musical innovators to restore some much-needed integrity to the scene so that there is something to look forward to after our aging heroes (like 70-year-old McCartney) hang it up for good.
Awesoman

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Aging heroes hang it up for good? I don't know about all of you, but I really can't see any of the so-called younger singer/musicians out there replacing any of the aging heroes out there. Okay. There might be for those who listen to the radio all the time but I don't. I stick basically to the classic rock stations here so I don't know all of the younger singers, etc.

Are there REALLY any out there that could conceivably replace any of the aging rockers? Just asking as I don't know.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Nah, I don't see any of the current batch of "artists" out there having the integrity or staying power that the old warhorses like Macca have. Pop seems to be the thing these days. It's easy and safe. Would be nice to see a proper return to rock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Awesoman

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours