Vancouver 25th of Nov

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Vancouver 25th of Nov

Postby EddieV » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:01 am

His voice little weak
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Vancouver 25th of Nov

Postby little lamb dragonfly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 am

This was awesome, spine-tinglingly good when the bagpipers come out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8fRjmeinw
little lamb dragonfly
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 pm

yes..nice...yes...but the voice..??

weak...wobbly...not quite up to par...

bad vibe, that
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby gjh » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 pm

the show was fantastic
i have been hard on paul...about the voice
i take it all back!!! hahah
being in the stadium,that environment,watching paul...the few small issues with hitting those notes becomes irrelevant
completely
seeing him live as many of you have makes you realize what a sensation this guy really is
where he gets his energy from who knows...is it all those veggie meals perhaps?
the only thing i would have liked to see differently is a few more of the obscure paul tracks
but really tho he is appealing to the masses..has to keep it in perspective
also my wife was filming and singing at the same time...way off key i might add
she almost drowns out the band on the video's...its all good for a laugh (:
his musicianship was amazing and did some interesting improvising on the hofner on a few songs
our seats could have been abit better had they been more attainable ($$$$) but i hate to complain about it
rock on paul love ya man!!
(:
gjh

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:28 am

mea culpa moment: secretly, i'm glad he's still putting on shows that make fans so happy...

i may do alot of beechin' about the set list....and i do sincerely feel he needs to shake it up alot more...but it does my wee cold heart good to know he's still got the ability to wow a crowd !

glad to know the seemingly wobbly voice is not as bad as a few of the clips make it seem...book by the cover 'n all, right ?

rock on, paul :salute
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:10 pm

H,

I've watched a few videos fans shot during every venue and I must say his voice was good. I can't say it was GREAT but it sure sounds better than it did last year. I was afraid he was going to hurt his vocal chords last year but so far so good. I am with you 110% on shaking up the set list. It needs something new and different but as I have said before, he is singing what the casual Macca fans wants to hear. Us Die Hard Macca fans want to hear something never sung before.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:39 pm

its nice to dream. and i've wished he'd change it up too. but i think the possible song list for upcoming shows is shrinking, not expanding. in 5 years all we may get from him is him, an acoustic guitar, and yesterday. and that'll have to be okay. doesn't mean we can't go back and enjoy oh darling or beware my love on cd. it just means we won't be watching it live.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:13 am

ok...first: welcome back, my brutha....long time no hear - hope all is well... :salute

...but i feel i mustmustmust remind everyone of that crazywonderful re-interpretation of 'lady madonna' he did on the Chaos special...i think he can do many of these songs in the same softer voice that yesterday croons...yes, it'll mean singing more along the lines of that which he used on KOTB...but also on songs like 'you tell me', 'wanderlust' and just about everything off C&CITB....

he just needs to stop the o-t-t- straining and it may just work out for quite a while...methinks, it'll be fine...

think concerts more like the unplugged special than the mega hoots he has always done...trim off a wee bit of time, do 20-25 songs instead of 30-35, tone it down...make it last....

just sayin'
mr h atom

Postby eggman1979 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 pm

December 5, 2012 -- CBC News (Canada)

Paul McCartney concert fireworks damage BC Place ceiling

Pyrotechnics bounced off inside of the $458M retractable roof in Vancouver

British rock superstar Paul McCartney's recent performance at BC Place in Vancouver left more of a scorching impression than intended, after fireworks in the finale of his 1970s hit Live and Let Die left burn marks on the building's expensive new lid.

Concert video posted on YouTube shows how during the Nov. 25 concert, several fireworks bounced off the inside of the recently completed $458-million partly retractable roof.

A BC Place spokesperson said the fireworks actually hit an acoustic fiberglass liner that hangs about one to four metres below the retractable roof, leaving scorch marks on at least two panels.

The trajectory of the concert's pyrotechnics is adjustable for different concert venues, but apparently the height of the roof was not calibrated correctly by technicians with the tour of the former Beatle, local reports say.

It is still not clear if the scorch marks can be washed off the panels or if they will need to be replaced, said the spokesperson but the tour's insurance company will be responsible for covering any costs.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey H,

I think I could go with a nice quiet concert of best loved Paul songs along the lines of KOTB. I think a lot of his songs could be adapted to a quieter volume. Yes they would sound better at a loud volume but just think about this: Beware My Love, The Mess, Helter Skelter, and a few more I forgot. But it would be an interesting concert, for sure.

Yes I think I could sit through a concert like that. Bring down the range in his voice to suit his vocal chords. Yes I think that might work. Thanks H, for thinking of it.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours