Dissapointing albums?

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Re: Dissapointing albums?

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 pm

james1985 wrote:Kid A is a masterpiece. End of.

Well put Jimmyboy!! :salute

Incidentally, The Wall is a classic but as Eddie says, not as good as Dark Side or Wish You Were Here and marginally better than Animals but I don't think I could ever be disappointed with a Floyd album!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby savillerowdie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:28 am

Off the Ground after Flowers in the Dirt and the first post Wings World Tour.
I had extremely high expectations for OTG. Prior to it's release, I was reading quotes along the lines of "Paul's best work since the White Album, etc". Perhaps the euphoria of seeing that great tour and how much I enjoyed Flowers was just too much for OTG to meet my expectations.
Still, all these years later, I still think OTG is one of Paul's poorest albums.

Speaking of Flowers in the Dirt, this is kind of the reverse of the theme here, but I don't think it has held up as well over the years, whereas previously disappointing albums like Wild Life have grown in stature for me. Perhaps my expectations for it were so low, following POP, Broad Street and PTP, that I was pleasantly surprised to the extreme at the time.
Or perhaps my view of Flowers is lessened by comparison to Paul's recent spectacular work with CACITBY and MAF.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:50 am

I don't even have Pipes in my collection.Sorry anything with Micheal Jackson on it, sorry Macca can't do it
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists