Fathers/Mothers & sons/daughters - best duo

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Fathers/Mothers & sons/daughters - best duo

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:33 am

I was just thinking about the other day how Jason Borham filled in nicely for his late dad John and played as a true member of Led Zeppelin last December.

We know many examples of kids from famous rockers that are doing very well in the music scene. For instance Jacob Dylan, Zak Starkey and so on. I wonder which kid has been more impressive to date. Right now I believe Bob Dylan's and Ringo's son's achievements as musicians are the most impressive.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Re: Fathers/Mothers & sons/daughters - best duo

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:08 am

Berkeleyan wrote:I was just thinking about the other day how Jason Borham filled in nicely for his late dad John and played as a true member of Led Zeppelin last December.

We know many examples of kids from famous rockers that are doing very well in the music scene. For instance Jacob Dylan, Zak Starkey and so on. I wonder which kid has been more impressive to date. Right now I believe Bob Dylan's and Ringo's son's achievements as musicians are the most impressive.

Jullian Lennon in the 80's was as big, if not bigger than Jacob Dylan and his Wallflowers were in the 90's

......and Jason BoNham has had a career arguably bigger than that of Zak Starkey. Jason has solo records, along with a list notable artists he's played for.
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RickStark79 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:44 am

Frank & Nancy Sinatra! ;-)
No one understaaaaands...
RickStark79
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:41 am

Johnny and Roseanne Cash

Ravi Shankar and Norah Jones

Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley (Hannah Montana) Cyrus

Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon :mrgreen:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:04 pm

Tim and Jeff Buckley
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:51 pm

John & Julian/Sean Lennon
George & Dhani Harrison

in a non music sense...Paul & Stella.
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Waitrose » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
Berkeleyan wrote:I was just thinking about the other day how Jason Borham filled in nicely for his late dad John and played as a true member of Led Zeppelin last December.

Jullian Lennon in the 80's was as big, if not bigger than Jacob Dylan and his Wallflowers were in the 90's

......and Jason BoNham has had a career arguably bigger than that of Zak Starkey. Jason has solo records, along with a list notable artists he's played for.

Zak Starkey has a more consistent and much more highly regarded career than Jason Bonham.
Waitrose

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:20 am

Waitrose wrote:
Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:

Zak Starkey has a more consistent and much more highly regarded career than Jason Bonham.

Yeah ! My thoughts exactly !
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Return to Music - Other Artists