The best albums of 2007

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

The best albums of 2007

Postby EddieV » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:57 am

The best album is Memory Allmost Full

Beside that:
Neil Young_Chrome Dream II
Eddie Vedder_Into The Wild
Last edited by EddieV on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now junior behave yourself
User avatar
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:13 am
Location: Svendborg, Denmark

Re: The best albums of 2008

Postby A. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:58 am

hard to say which albums are the best in 2008, since -correct me if I'm wrong- we're still in 2007 :wink:

I'm very curious about chrome dreams however - haven't heard it yet - is it a rockin' (like Livin' With War) or folk album (Harvest Moon)- or a mixture (Freedom)?
A.
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Poland

Re: The best albums of 2008

Postby mervap » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:31 am

My vote would have to go to John Fogerty's "Revival", followed by Silverchair's "Young Modern".
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
User avatar
mervap
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:04 am
Location: Atlanta

Re: The best albums of 2008

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:05 am

Silverchair - "Young Modern"
McCartney - "Memory Almost Full"
Springsteen - "Magic"
Plant & Krauss - "Raising Sand"
The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
User avatar
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3080
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:15 am
Location: Cape Breton Island - Canada

Re: The best albums of 2008

Postby EddieV » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:13 pm

A. wrote:hard to say which albums are the best in 2008, since -correct me if I'm wrong- we're still in 2007 :wink:

I'm very curious about chrome dreams however - haven't heard it yet - is it a rockin' (like Livin' With War) or folk album (Harvest Moon)- or a mixture (Freedom)?


:lol: :lol:

Chrome dreams II is really great!!
Now junior behave yourself
User avatar
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:13 am
Location: Svendborg, Denmark

Re: The best albums of 2007

Postby james1985 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Kings of Leon - Because of the Times
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
White Stripes - Icky Thump


these have been the best IMO
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
User avatar
james1985
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: The old UK

Re: The best albums of 2007

Postby Harrythebannister » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:04 pm

james1985 wrote:Radiohead - In Rainbows
Kings of Leon - Because of the Times
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
White Stripes - Icky Thump

these have been the best IMO


James laddie!! Totally agree with you on all counts! How good are "The Hold Steady" (big in 2008 methinks)!
But I would add Macca & MAF to that list!!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
User avatar
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:43 pm
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: The best albums of 2007

Postby chris » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:01 pm

shoulda known you guys have a good musical sense...

icky thump by the white stripes is going to wear out my cd player, i play it so often
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
User avatar
chris
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Chicago, U.S.A

Re: The best albums of 2007

Postby lampie1970 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:48 am

EddieV wrote:Eddie Vedder_Into The Wild


:wink: :wink:
I love the sound of Paul screaming in the morning...
User avatar
lampie1970
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.A

Re: The best albums of 2007

Postby james1985 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:05 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:
james1985 wrote:Radiohead - In Rainbows
Kings of Leon - Because of the Times
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
White Stripes - Icky Thump

these have been the best IMO


James laddie!! Totally agree with you on all counts! How good are "The Hold Steady" (big in 2008 methinks)!
But I would add Macca & MAF to that list!!!


well, i kinda take macca as red :salute
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
User avatar
james1985
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: The old UK

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest