DON'T TRUST FANCY PACKAGING!

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

DON'T TRUST FANCY PACKAGING!

Postby DeRick » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:10 pm

Well, i bought the remastered "Bee Gees Greatest" from Bestbuy store & guess what... THE PACKAGE SCRATCHED MY DISCS!! :evil: Im gonna take it back for a refund. And then im gonna sue Rhino for lousy, sloppy packaging. Why do these record companies think they can get away with packaging these discs anyway they see fit, don't the customers have more rights than this?
:x
DeRick

Re: DON'T TRUST FANCY PACKAGING!

Postby gfgb123 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:22 pm

DeRick wrote:Well, i bought the remastered "Bee Gees Greatest" from Bestbuy store & guess what... THE PACKAGE SCRATCHED MY DISCS!! :evil: Im gonna take it back for a refund. And then im gonna sue Rhino for lousy, sloppy packaging. Why do these record companies think they can get away with packaging these discs anyway they see fit, don't the customers have more rights than this?
:x

I think we should blame EMI for this. They have absolutely nothing to do with it but since they are the favorite whipping boy, why stop now?
gfgb123

Postby DeRick » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Does EMI own Rhino, or hows that work? Because, it was Rhino who was remasterng the Bee Gees catalouge. I was thinking about getting those Beatles' Capitol Box Sets, now im afraid too, (plus that Vol.3 is waaaay overdue.)
DeRick

Postby gfgb123 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:26 pm

DeRick wrote:Does EMI own Rhino, or hows that work? Because, it was Rhino who was remasterng the Bee Gees catalouge. I was thinking about getting those Beatles' Capitol Box Sets, now im afraid too, (plus that Vol.3 is waaaay overdue.)

No it was a joke. Rhino is owned by Warner Music Group. As for the Capitol Boxes: On Volume One, the disc slip out too easy from the slipcase. For Volume Two: The slipcases are too tight. Maybe for Volume Three if it ever comes out; third time lucky?

Yes it is way overdue but I'm not sure if it is even in the pipeline.
gfgb123

Postby Harrythebannister » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:24 pm

The third and final installment will surely see the light of day eventually. It wouldn't make sense to not release it plus you've got the best example of Macca's bass playing on Revolver & Sgt Pepper.
Maybe in 2008!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gfgb123 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Harrythebannister wrote:The third and final installment will surely see the light of day eventually. It wouldn't make sense to not release it plus you've got the best example of Macca's bass playing on Revolver & Sgt Pepper.
Maybe in 2008!

Should a third volume actually show up, I presume it would include "Revolver" and "'Yesterday'...and Today". I'm not sure if the United Artist version of "A Hard Day's Night" or the Apple compilation "Hey Jude (Beatles Again) would be part of the package or perhaps "The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl". Then again they may decide to include "The Beatles Story" docu-LP. Maybe that's what is holding up the package.
gfgb123

Return to Music - Other Artists