Yeah, it's really strange, the collapse of all these stores. Record shops, really were a cornerstone of a generation.
Now, here's what I envision, I pray someone has thought of this already and is working on it coming to be - or will be inspired by this:
Record shops can be re-born, this way:
The main music product will be the highest quality download service, slightly more $ than from your computer, but offering way much more.
They will include:
1. All the packaging for the downloaded CD (notes, pictures, art lyrics)
2. Bonus tracks NOT downloadable anywhere else. (Artists and record companies need to get together on this)
3. Many listening stations (with chairs, benches, stools, couches) for ALL material that is down-loadable, full length versions on great equipment.
4. All of the above for music DVD's from full-length to short bonus ones.
5. Coffee, snack bar, liquor, (where licsenced.)
6. Schedule of live local artist performing.
7. Music related material, books, magazines,, T-shirts
8.Frequent user benefits
10. Vinyl record converter service into CD's for out of print/out of CD/non-down-loadable music.
Please respond to this and show the world, there still is a place for music in the community and that the one thing you can't get out of a computer is a community of people.
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"