The Killers

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

The Killers

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:23 am

I just saw these guys on SNL and all this time, I thought that new single was Meatloaf. Man that new song sounds like Meatloaf.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:24 am

I read an article in Rolling Stone about them the other day - as well as a review of their latest album. In the article, Brandon Flowers kept saying that he wanted their records to be played on classic rock stations years from now - like Springsteen. It's kind of ironic you would say that the new song sounds like Meatloaf, because Todd Rundgren said he wanted to produce Bat Out of Hell because it sounded like a Springsteen parody. :lol:

What Rolling Stone went on to say is that the first record was a near-masterpiece of retro pop/new wave, universally hailed by other artists such as Elton John and the Pet Shop Boys as a great throwback. They said what ruins the second album is that they decided to sound all serious to give themselves credibility and they left everything behind that made their first album so great. :?

Being from Las Vegas, I would think there's a lot of places they could have taken that glitzy pop sound from their first album. I guess we have to stick with the Scissor Sisters for that. 8) Their new album is getting rave reviews. :)
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:39 am

I also read that they turned down the headlining slot at Glastonbury, because they didn't think they had enough material. I have no problem with any band going retro, especially if you have great songs....but wanting to sound like Jim Steinman? Yikes! :? :wink:

I also think that the singer lost his monitor half way through the SNL song, since he all off a sudden was miles off key. I have no idea how the Beatles did it all those years, not being able to hear themselves.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 am

I really think he sounds like Don Pardo on the new single. :wink:
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists