Jim Morrison...

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Jim Morrison...

Postby Zaa » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Hey!!!!!

After a looong working day, I decided to get in this forum, and know more people who loves The Beatles and Paul McCartney as I do.

But, this time, I'd like to talk about another guy, who, I think is the best.. is.. perhaps was.. for a lot of people.

Well... This guy who called Jim Morrison, was the singer of a rock banck wich called the doors, besides Ray, John and Robbie.

They really rocked the world, and L.A. with their poetry, and theri lyrics. They were againts vietnam, as lotta of groups and singes, as... Janis Joplin, JOHN LENNON!, PAUL MCCARTNEY!, I guess... The Who, and Hendrix.. I guess so.

Jim had a lot of problems with the drugs and alcohol. The way he acted, was, for some people, as a monster. Telling and shouting, he was the King Lizzard.

After a log life, with drugs, with alcohol, sex, and more... he went to France, and there.. he DIED :'(....

There are a lot of rumors which talk about the way he dead, but the true, is that we dead in his bathroom.

I'd like to hear your point of view, and talk about him.. his poetry and his music.

See You Later...
Zaa

Postby EddieV » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:51 pm

He was one of a kind. He had such a great voice. The Doors were really a fantastic group, but without Jim it was not Doors.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:01 am

EddieV wrote:He was one of a kind. He had such a great voice. The Doors were really a fantastic group, but without Jim it was not Doors.
It could be Doors without Jim...

Robby Krieger wrote a good portion of the songs too, and sung on occassion...
Jim was not a musician, so the sound was really the 3 other guys in the Doors and not Jim's...

So, it CAN be the Doors without Jim, just minus Jim.

They did not need Jim to make great music together.

Just like the Beatles... Did not need Ringo to make great music together... "Dear Prudence" anyone?, "back in the ussr" anyone?
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby esto » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:
EddieV wrote:He was one of a kind. He had such a great voice. The Doors were really a fantastic group, but without Jim it was not Doors.

Jim was not a musician, so the sound was really the 3 other guys in the Doors and not Jim's...

Just like the Beatles... Did not need Ringo to make great music together... "Dear Prudence" anyone?, "back in the ussr" anyone?

I don't agree. The Doors still excist under the name Riders in the storm and they definitely have not made a new songs, which you may call good ones.And Beatles without Ringo-you must be joking.
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:34 am

esto wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:

I don't agree. The Doors still excist under the name Riders in the storm and they definitely have not made a new songs, which you may call good ones.And Beatles without Ringo-you must be joking.
Riders In The Storm? You must be thinking of another Band...

I've heard rumours/truths for years now that the "Doors of the 21st Century" were recording a new album of material...
I've never heard of these "Riders in the storm" you claim, which is most likely false.

If the Doors(Densmore, Krieger,Manzarek)were playing together, that would call themselves "The Doors".

The "D21C" = Manzarek, Krieger, new-singer+new-drummer
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby esto » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:
esto wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:

I've heard rumours/truths for years now that the "Doors of the 21st Century" were recording a new album of material...
I've never heard of these "Riders in the storm" you claim, which is most likely false.

If the Doors(Densmore, Krieger,Manzarek)were playing together, that would call themselves "The Doors".

Densmore sued the others and after that they can not use Doors name anymore.
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:07 am

esto wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:
esto wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:

Densmore sued the others and after that they can not use Doors name anymore.

ya, so now they're caledl "D21c"

The Doors of the 21st Century
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Return to Music - Other Artists