Top 50 Albums that changed music

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:46 pm

you would probably change your tune if they had a "most influential artists" poll, that influenced the coarse of popular music greatly.

I'm sure Paul would rank very well on that list, as would Dylan.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:37 am

These two made me laugh:

34 Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath (1970)

A mere 30 minutes long, this was none the less the album where heavy metal was first forged. Its ponderous tempos, cod-satanic imagery (bassist Geezer Butler was a Roman Catholic and Dennis Wheatley fan), Tony Iommi's sledgehammer guitar riffs and Ozzy Osbourne's shrieking vocals all went on to define the genre and shaped most arena rock of the Seventies and Eighties.

Without this ... no Spinal Tap, no grunge or Kurt Cobain and, of course, no Osbournes.
NS

47 Nirvana
Nevermind (1991)

You might argue Nirvana's landmark album changed nothing whatsoever. All their best seditious instincts came to nothing, after all. And yet Nevermind still rocks mightily, capturing a moment when the vituperative US underground imposed its agenda on the staid mainstream. Without this ... no Seattle scene, no Britpop, no Pete Doherty.
KE

That'd be good if there was no Seattle scene, and britpop would still exist if talentless overrated stuff like Nirvana weren't around.

Seriously, Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time, and they did nothing for music except take the fun out of it. That's the kind of music that heroin addicts probably listen to. How can anybody have the guts to say that that miserable, depressing music is brilliant?
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby 2 of 3 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:10 am

Underneath Nirvana's angst, there was in most cases and underlying melody...which was the hook as far as I'm concerned. What they had to say mean't nothing to me, but the tunes were rocking.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists