Tina Turner is doing the theme to the next Bond movie!

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Tina Turner is doing the theme to the next Bond movie!

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:20 am

I heard that Tina Turner will be doing the theme song to the next James Bond movie (I forget what it's called). While this isn't the first time she's sang a theme to a Bond film, this is still good news. It will be the best Bond theme we've had since 1995. The themes to the last three Bond films were ***censored*** (Sheryl Crow? Garbage? Madonna? Come on!). I hope that what I've heard is true. Besides, who doesn't love Tina? She's "Simply the best"!
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby maccastheman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:42 am

Yes, Tina is great. I love Golden Eye. Her performance of it on the Live in Amsterdam DVD is awesome.

My favorite is still Proud Mary, but her '80s work still holds up pretty well.

I'm glad I got the chance to see her years ago before she stopped touring. I saw her way back on the 1993 "What's Love Got To Do With It" tour (right after the film came out). Great show. For some reason her performance of "Better Be Good To Me" still stands out. I saw her right on the river in Little Rock (the amphitheater is actually on the banks of the river). Proud Mary just rocked "on the river." 8) I was pretty close to the stage, and I remember when she started to say, "You know, every now and then you might like to hear something from us nice and easy..." the man in front of me yelled, "Work it, Tina!" and she just smiled at him. Great memory.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:24 am

Is she still alive? :wink:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby UsagiAndMamoru » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:53 am

james1985 wrote:Is she still alive? :wink:

Last I checked she was.
UsagiAndMamoru

Postby maccastheman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 am

james1985 wrote:Is she still alive? :wink:

Well, she was 55 when I saw her, and she moved a hell of a lot better than 90% of the other people I've seen in concert. It was just amazing to see. I don't think any other female performer can touch her. I doubt she ever performs live again(She is 67 now), but she ranks #1 in my book when it comes to female performers.

She can still sing. I heard a new song she recorded a couple of years ago for a "best of" album, and it was great.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:35 pm

No doubt she can sing, but I don´t like her. Sorry, but you can´t like everything or can you?

She is Ok when hearing her occasionally on the radio, but a whole record no thanks.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:43 pm

Well, all music is a matter of personal taste so that's understandable. I do think her life story is very inspirational and I think the film based on her life ranks right up there with Ray and Walk the Line. (If not better)
But the stuff she recorded with Ike is just incredible. (Despite the pain she had to go through during the process) Some of the greatest R&B ever recorded.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:19 pm

That's interesting. The last I heard U2 were in the running...as well as Robbie Williams.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:39 pm

I just think of her at that Prince's Trust concert thing with Macca and he is just being so unblievably cheesy. *cringes*. definately Macca's cheesiest ever moment, some of his "dancing" is just shocking :lol: :lol:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music - Other Artists