Package Tours You Would Like To See

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Package Tours You Would Like To See

Postby maccastheman » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:37 pm

This Steely Dan Tour with Michael McDonald (Known as the Sugartooth McDan Tour) has me thinking about other groups/musicians that collaborated once before but went their very successful separate ways - not really groups that broke up, but groups that had a supporting musician that went out on their own and became popular in their own right. I think it's really cool that Michael McDonald and Steely Dan are touring together considering all of the songs he sang background on. Who are some other people like that you would like to see tour together?

I would really like to see Steve Miller and Boz Scaggs tour together. Boz could do an opening set, Steve could do his own set, then they could play some of their stuff from the '60s together. (Although Boz should take the headlining slot IMHO - but he wouldn't considering how popular Miller is on the concert circuit)

Some others would be Nick Lowe and Elvis Costello, Chris Botti and Sting, Morris Day & the Time and Prince(They did a show in Vegas a couple of weekends ago, it would be cool to see a complete tour)

Who else?
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Dylan and what's left of The Band

James Taylor and Carole King

Monkees and Neil Diamond

Clapton and Steve Winwood
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:47 pm

Its just a pipe dream perhaps, But none of us...(except for those who have seen the Concert for George live...thats you, james) has ever experienced the "where did my breath" go experience of seeing Ringo and Paul on stage together.

I know it won't happen. But why not? It CAN'T be considered the Beatles, right? So there would be no Beatles reunion talk. Just two musicians who used to play together. Even if they aren't as close as they once were. They both travel a lot. Seems reasonable that they would find themselves in the same city occasionally. Is a guest appearance by one of them that impossible?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:02 pm

but they wouldn't be able escape the reunion talk. it would be impossible for them. I think one-off performances such as the one I had the pleasure, privilage and good fortune to see are about as much as the two of them can do.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:28 pm

How about Clapton with a redition of the Allman Brothers and feature lots of Layla material.?

How about Linda Rondstadt backed by The Eagles?

How about Stevie Winwood and Dave Mason, team up, add some and create some Traffic?

Roger McGuinn, David Crosby, and Chris Hillman could unite and create some serious Byrds!

Joe Cocker, Leon Russel, Delaney + Bonnie and Clapton would be some Maddogs and Englishmen!

Start a groundswell - demand it -! :lol:
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maccastheman » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am

2 of 3 wrote:

James Taylor and Carole King

How about James Taylor and Carly Simon? :wink: It would be, hmmm, interesting.

2 of 3 wrote:
Clapton and Steve Winwood

That's another one that I think would be incredible. They could do about 3 or 4 songs together, plus both solo sets would be great.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:55 am

Paperback Writer wrote:How about Clapton with a redition of the Allman Brothers and feature lots of Layla material.?

How about Linda Rondstadt backed by The Eagles?

Those two sound great. Linda could open for the Eagles, then they could do a few songs together, etc.

And the Allman Bros/Clapton would be great, bu it's a shame we have no Duane. :(
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby piami » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:24 pm

Macca & Elvis Costello

Macca & Steve Miller
The Lights Go Down - They're Back In Town O.K.
Behind The Stacks You Glimpse An Axe
The Tension Mounts You Score An Ounce Ole!
Temperatures Rise As You See The White Of Their Eyes!
piami

Postby EddieV » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:30 am

I just wanted to go to Roskilde festival here in Denmark, starting on thursday. Sold out!!

Bob Dylan, Guns ´n´Roses, Roger Waters and many many more
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby esto » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:47 am

I heard rumors about Pink Floyd's 2007 summer tour, they already booking the venues. With Waters or not, no information.
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to Music - Other Artists